I am in pain, got to change

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by rocknrollsuicide, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

I have been on my feet for more than 17hr yesterday, working at this event I had to go to. Hard, hard, hard work.
    My feet and legs started to hurt after 10hr.
    Towards the end I could barely feel my feet, the pain was unbearable that I wanted to cry and I had to be there till the end.
    That fuckhead of my boss showed up 2hr before the end of the event doing fuck all, didn't give a shitting help to nobody.
    I made a connection with someone for another job (hopefully) while there.

Anyway, I had bus, train to catch and walking. Due to enormous pain I was feeling, the last stretch from the station to my flat I did it crawling like a worm.... Took me 2hr to arrive home, feeling worse than when I left at 6.30am.....

A combo of physical pain, distress, depression and anger made me cry to sleep last night...

Now I am slightly cheering myself up listening to Girls Aloud. Yeah, easy pop music but that's what I need right now. When Girls Aloud started in 2002 I never thought I would like their vocals and catchy sound years later. I did not like them at first. I started to like them from around the time of "Long Hot Summer" onwards.
    This is the kind of music I need right now.
    I don't care if it's mainstream pop. When the music is good, especially when it has positive vibe, I don't care about labels nor of whomever might playing it or sing it.

Music, watching animals documentaries, artistic expressions are some of the things that make me happy.
    Working 9 till 7 or 8am till 10pm for a bunch of assholes and their crap biz is the opposite of happiness.

I gotta do something to change all this.

Either I go back studying, learning a new craft in line with my creativity or I haven't got the clue how to get out of this depressing circle of awful jobs, jobs that I hate, office politics, bullshitters, lazy people doing nothing while I slave like an idiot....
    This is literally killing me.
    Not only it has almost killed my ability to take a pen and start sketching something good, but it's physically debilitating me now.
    Enough.

2. Rockster

Rockster Guest

Well i hope everything goes ok for you, maybe start looking for more jobs to match your creativity, and i hope it all works out for you and just remember boss' usually are arseholes

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

The only way this is going to change is if you stand up to it and confront the issue at hand. For a start your bosses have a duty of care towards you and you being on your feet for 17hrs has to be breaking a law somewhere. Have you tried talking to your boss, either on your own, or with some of your colleagues? If your immediate boss doesn't do anything then take it further or look for another job? You shouldn't need to work in an environment like that, it's physically exhausting can put a strain on you mentally especially if you're feeling crappy anyway and there's potential health risks too. Hope you get this sorted sometime soon. :hug:

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

That sounds like one really long day. You need to get back to your dream of being an artist.:hug: