I Am Leaving, This Time For Real. This Time...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HappyAZaClaM, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

for good. anyone who wants to say goodbye, hurry!

and it will be goodbye forever and ever and ever. this being
    "moderated" is really adding slander to assault and battery.

I can't take it. there is no point in sitting around with my hands folded
    like a good little choir boy. I can't do it. so,

goodbye forever. and thanks mods, for driving in that last nail.
    maybe you all and good old Stranger1 can celebrate
    together when i am gone. really gone. but first? time to be gone from here
    first, this lovely forum. ciao.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Clam hun, I know moderation can be hard to take, but honestly you need to pull your horns in a bit.
    We (the forum) are not the enemy.
    Everyone on here has their cross to bear and sometimes that means people get heated over what can seem petty to others.
    Every post is not an insult.
    I know you got very annoyed at the Clamdip name, maybe ..just maybe, Stranger was being nice?? I have a tendency to give people nicknames there is no insult intended....you might notice that in my head you are forever Clam :laugh:
    Soap Box threads tend to get the old nerves flaring as well, so pick your topic carefully.
    No need to head off into the sunset, the moderation is time limited and not forever, just tone down the insults and eh Voila moderation gone. :smile:
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I am sorry I got on you, but you come across pretty beligerant sometimes. I know everyone here has problems. I just felt you were dragging shogun down. Well surprise surprise he wasn't offended by your posts so that makes me the ass for stepping in. Again I am sorry!!!:chopper:!!!
  4. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

hey clam...

i'm sorry you felt i was taking stranger's side. in fact i had no intention of taking any side. i tried to mention stranger's slight in my original post on this matter though perhaps i was a bit oversubtle with my claim that he was 'less then eloquent' about getting his message across.

in truth my telling you to calm down came only from a standpoint of wanting to diffuse the situation for everyone. shogun needed help not a barroom brawl, stranger may have started it but you rose to the occasion as well. i was raised with by an abusive alchoholic father and am now married to a man with serious anger issues. when people get upset it is my instinct to try to calm things down so no one (not even you) get hurt. i didnt want to see you banned, or moderated, i had hoped to calm things down before any ill consequences were doled out to anyone.

i'm sorry you misunderstood my motives, or maybe as you said you dont care. but i never mean slight to anyone and i hate when i do inadvertantly, so i wanted to appologize.
  5. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

yeah, I get too mad too easily. not your fault. nothing to be sorry for.
    anyway, all the moderators are correct. this isn't their fault, and I need to
    calm down. that won't necessarily happen from my not logging onto the
    forum. someone will piss me off in the real world before dinnertime :)
    count on it, it is not your fault. please do not be sorry.
  6. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

no need. a nights sort of sleep has washed yesterdays trivialities into
    the ocean of .....wait, I don't talk like this, do I??

ne sweat guy. doesn't make you an ass. I just got lucky on the
    post lotto. hopefully shogun will forget what's her face, and the rest of
    us can forget whatever it is that's eating us and like that. thanks
    for the post. it meant a lot. cheers Stranger1!
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Ahh, so nice to see everyone kiss and make up. So does this mean that you are staying happyasaclam? :smile:
  8. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

yes dave :)
  9. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

again you don't need to be sorry. I was out of line. just a coincidence that
    shogun shared my conflicting and confusing emotions...at that present moment anyhoo....yikes..

I just hope shogun finds a new broad...sorry, lady. I could use a new one
    my own self :)
  10. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Clam -

I've not a clue what this drama is over, but without doubting the mods' discretion I can tell you this:

I wouldn't like it, some public tag of UNDER MODERATION under my name

So I feel for you--yet not knowing what the story is, I have to concede that igorance. Just wanted to say that. I do feel for ya, brother.

Now--to just slip in a compliment. This place has to the best yet controlled example of freedom of expression on the 'Net I've seen in my 10 years.

It does seem to me the mods try to give the widest girth of expression, given the subject of the overall forum, that they possibly can whilst protecting members at the same time. Easy task? Erhm, I'd think not.

I've also matured a bit to the nature of the subject proper since first joining, having post continuous beefs ("this place amounts to a destination for posthumous suicide notes ") but now I better understand that people--hurtin' people--find this site in MANY different frames of mind and allowing *EXPRESSION* of feelings is really important on here--if not tricky (example--the Rules themselves are in constant review and revision.

I dislike the idea of a public "Scarlet Letter A" attached to one's name and fail to see its practical purpose though, seriously.

11. Terry

Agrees!! nods sagely
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you have decided to stay clam. At one time or another we all say and do things we perhaps shouldn't and the effects it can have on others is not thought through until too late. When that time comes, we need to take a deep breath, step back and start fresh. Take care. :hug:
  13. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

thanks John! actually I don't have much to say about the whole moderation thing. I agree it's a very fair forum, and free speech is alive here more than any place I have ever seen. you said this..

>>I dislike the idea of a public "Scarlet Letter A" attached to one's name and fail to see its practical purpose though, seriously<<

I don't se the benefit and I don't care. they have their reasons. I find that it
    worse in my opinion to have my posts edited. they should just delete them, or since I am under "moderation" just not allow them. to have my words twisted around and re-shaped and reformed by somebody else and THEN
    posted, that is something I think is very very wrong. and that negate 100%
    of the good aspects of the forum.

you can't snip and tuck and rearrange someones thoughts feeling and ideas
    and then present them to a public forum. it would be much more appropriate to just disallow the post. it is not insulting. it is not annoying. it is something
    that is plain simply unacceptable in any sort of society or sub group of society that "claims" to be fair and impartial. it simply is not true. it is a lie.
    the changing of what was said to say something else is what I expect every day a million times a day from the so called media and the so called news.
    and they DO exACTLY that. 1,000,000 plus times a day. here? not cool daddio. if someone takes the time to 'edit' my words, they could just as easily just delete it rom the hard drive and sen me a generic email "your post was disallowed". but editing is not cool. They may have the best of intentions, but it is very very misguided. it should be changed.
  14. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

and what about the effect things that others do and say has on me?

it doesn't make any difference. I AM leaving and I AM going to end my own life. tonite. goodbye
  15. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

What's changed between now and 8 hours ago, Bill? :hug:
  16. Terry

Clam I'm not approving the last two posts because all tho I can see you have valid points in there ; (1) I don't want you burying yourself in even more shit and (2) just for a second imagine the feelings of the people on the end of that diatribe.

I know you are only lashing out at what you see as you being bashed by others but this could turn into "An eye for an eye till all the world be blind" !

I actually understand your sense of humour, but not everyone will.
    Also, severly depressed people have usually parked their humour bone in the lobby and will see an attempt at humour as an attack on their deep felt misery.
    It's sometimes like walking on eggs answering a post. Just step back a sec before you post ok?!
  17. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

OT but GOD I'm thankful I don't have moderate this stuff.

Bill: It's back and forth, back and forth you man.

I, I don't know what's up and what down. I do understand and acknowledge you are deeply troubled and irritable. I get that.

I must say that if ANY posts are edited, such should be notated at the bottom (i.e., last edited by [whomever]).

This is not being noted???

18. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

The posts were deleted, not edited, which is why it doesn't say ''Last edited by X'' at the bottom.
  19. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Ah. Better. Clarifies things. Then he's just seriously in a pissed mood. (Or mode. lol)

Clam - we await your return with... We are worried for you man. Please, show yourself.
  20. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

why not just give my email address to John aka tohelp and I can tell him
    the TRUTH about the difference between editing and deleting.

obviously, something in your policy disallows the truth. half truths
    and partial information are the order of the day. well, that's one way
    to keep the peasants in line ay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.