I am losing everything

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by retreat, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retreat

retreat New Member

I dunno why I am here I think its cus I have no one to talk to about what I feel within myself. I have many people who can pass on suggestions butnever will be proud of me.I did have a job, life was going good.....all of a sudden I have lost my job. There is no jobs in the market due to recesion. On top of that I have not completed my eduation fully. But even then with all my hard work I moved up the ladder and worked hard and came up to a position where all educated men are. But now since I have lost my job no one cares for my experience and things I have achieved. They want to me to be a graduate first.
    Well all said and done I am not. There is nothing else here. I feel I have losing ground and I feel so bad to whatever I have done. Its like a point of no return for me and I have to face the music. I was not scared...but now fear is creaping inside me, I will lose my love, my family, my job and in the end myself. It all looks so planned for destruction. Some times as all say talk to God, I talk to me and I feel he has a plan for me but I just cannot figure it out what his is plan. I think its more to be my punishment and I need to face it.
    I am scared, every min is so choking and its so painfull.
    I am just way too lost...I dunno what is in store for me tomorrow

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I know how hard it is. I'm looking for a job, and I didn't finish college because of my own stupidity.

It's frustrating, but it doesn't have to destroy you. You've still accomplished things in your life, things that you and those you love can be proud of. Not being able to find work doesn't reflect on the kind of person you are.

Is there a certain field you really want to get into, something that you're interested in?

I'm around a lot, so you can pM me anytime if you feel like talking. Just don't give up; there are opportunities out there, and you can find one.

3. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Same exact situation here. I've been looking for work for 7 months now and have only had a couple of interviews. I can't even get call backs on jobs that were identical to the one I previously did, which I think is because I don't have a degree when most other candidates probably do. I'm thinking of changing my resume to say that I have a degree and hope nobody checks.

4. retreat

retreat New Member

Yeah thanks guys for listening to me. Its just getting tough everyday. Today my gf and me had an argument. Arguments have started quite a lot these days. I should blame it on myself, may be I am just way to irritated that i can manage to start taking things in the wrong way...or just that the timing is bad. Not sure. The job situation is very bad and its kind of getting my esteem down and driving me into depression.
    Thanks wild cherry, I am interested in a lot many things but looks like there is no one to support me or my dependents if I think about changing my field.I am looking at options but the fear is creeping into me everyday. I try my best not to give up but its like getting weak by the day

5. retreat

retreat New Member

You can me are in the same boat. From what I know is that if are very truthful in the resume they will not respect us and if we lie we are only cheating. Both will only end up in killing us within. I think you should just say the right thing in a smart way.
    They will sure check about the degree...just be upfront and truthful

6. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Yeah - most places check the degree....

Keep trying - When I re-entered the work force after 20 years out of it - I had to start right back at the bottom...but even starting at rock bottom at a lesser position gave me a foot in the door and a boost to my esteem in addition to a stable schedule...all of which helped me to focus on getting a better position and prove my worth. It is a pain to do, but sometimes it is better to just take any job to keep yourself going until you can work yourself back into a better position.

At least you have less time to be miserable

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say as the recession has hit my business hard.
    What I don't understand is I have two openings in my business but can't find anyone that wants to work. One can done from their own home and their own hours but no takers.
    I even have an extra room that I am starting to put the word out about...I am trying to help as I see so many affected.
    Please know it is not your nor a reflection of your value this are hard times for many.
    B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.