I am most definitely in a crisis

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Deijerz, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deijerz

Deijerz Member

Hi... first post but that's the whole reason I came here was to let some things out and hope someone can help me (but I do plan to stick around)...

I've gone through so much recently and I'm at the point where I literally have nothing. I was homeless and at the moment some family who were literal strangers let me into their home in exchange for babysitting their child 12 hours a week. I got laid off from my job so I have no money and still have bills to pay. Can't find a job where I live at the moment. Without money I can't get food or be prepared when some emergency pops up. Every day I sit in my bedroom and cry and see no hope whatsoever for my future. I've never felt so low.

Monday I plan to go to the Department of Human Services to try to get food stamps so that I won't starve. I'm afraid they'll turn me down though, because I can't prove my residency at these people's house or who knows why. And I really want to try a food pantry but not sure if you just go there or what.

So I feel lost. ANd I'm sick of people telling me to stay positive when everytime I do something else goes wrong. And people tell me that this whole event will make me stronger but most of the time I don't think I'll make it through so you can't be stronger if you fail, right?

I'm hoping someone out there can help me in some way. :smile: Not sure how.... just somehow. Thanks and sorry about my whining.

2. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

Welcome...you aren't whining..this is THE place to come to for support.When you go to get food stamps and to a food pantry ( i will be doing the same btw soon) maybe you can get some info on getting into a shelter if you would like to get out of the situation you are in now.If you tell them you are homeless..not mention where you live..you can still get food stamps .I know of people who are classified as homeless on food stamps...and may be able to get into a shelter.That is all I can think of as far as getting out of the place you are in now.Check on google for pantries in your area ,the times etc.If they do not list the times they will definately list a number you can call.I have looked into pantries myself and know the times..so I will just show up.But I have a car..if you do not..try to call first.
    Basically it sounds like you have to make a decision.If you want to leave where you are now..you have to go into a shelter.Maybe you can continue to babysit but live at the shelter AND ask that they pay you for babysitting instead of just living there.Sounds like you have little freedom.Shelters often have services that can help you get on your feet as well.You have to decide.Hope to talk more with you.

3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there .. welcome 2 the forum..

as ashes said .. ur not whining at all.. and i agree with everything he has suggested .. :)
    im sorry i dont have any other advice .. i just wanted 2 say hi .. and let u know im here if u ever fancy a chat ..
    i wish u all the best .. and hope u stick around on the forum :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.