I am negotiating with myself.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Dante, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante

Dante Well-Known Member

I am finding it hard to resist the growing urges to damage myself, and I have even noticed that I am finding excuses to get hurt, not holding back in situations where I am getting hurt..

Now I am deeply practical. It will leave a nasty bruise, but it wont cause permanent damage and it is distracting me from thoughts of more serious self-harm... I am negotiating with my own mind.

I am glad I am so practical as it has always stopped me causing permanent damage, but my current situation is not exactly ideal, aside from anything I think my ... might break, and I like this ..., an old friend bought it for me in china.

I'm not really sure what posting this will accomplish, but the only person who knows anything about this is the doctor who I gave the bare minimum of information to needed for me to get antidepressants and I just need to say something, if only for some sort of outlet, I'm not sure I can just keep going for much longer carrying my own burdens and that of my entire family on top, I'm hurting myself again, so I'm clearly not doing to well.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HOpe you continue to reach out to you doctor so you can stop the self harm You are hurting enough without hurting yourself be kind to yourself ok

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Dante I am sorry that you are self harming in any way, This posting will help you connect with people that are going through the same issues that you are going through, I myself do not self harm the way that you want to, I do other things, I am dealing with Severe Clinical Depression & P T S D, I have attempted more then a few times.. We will not judge you, we will try an talk with you about what you are going through and dealing with, we will not notify third parties or anything like that. We will support you and try and show that we care about you and what happens to you, we are all of us here working together to try and help others so they do not feel alone as well as sharing the pain that we can feel. I do feel some of your pain, I right now am dealing with an awful Painful Migraine. that I have had going on 3 weeks now, I thought it was letting up but it came back today worse then ever! I am glad that you have gotten anti depressants it will take a while probably to feel the effects, so coming here you may meet others that can or will talk with you! You can read some of the forums, or talk to others in chat, We are here for you! Be Gentle to yourself please! I welcome you here , I hope that you will stay and try to get some benefit from SF. I wish you the best!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  4. Dante

Dante Well-Known Member

I have been on antidepressants for some time now, about 3-4 months, they seem to be doing something, they seem to be helping me function, but they don't seem to be doing much of anything about the emotional side of things or how damned tired I am.

Thanks for the kind words and I do hope this site is as supportive as you say, though if it is you may have just broken the internet...

5. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Dante, I am glad the medication seems to be working, that is a big part of you recovering or anyone, you are fortunate! I am hoping that this forum will help you some with the emotional side of it! I have seen first hand how people including myself have been helped as well as making Friends here. We are not professionals no one here gets paid, we are here to help others we are here to offer support help and assistance where possible, we help you because we know first hand what you and others are going through! We know because we have been where you are, some still are in the same situation that you are now! I myself came here a little over a year ago, I never thought i would still be here, I came here like you looking for answers to some questions, I found some but I left, then this past August I came back because I felt safe and comfortable here, I hope that you as well can find the same feelings that i did an have here, it is Safe, The members here care and are supportive, they will not and never have judged me or anyone. They made me feel like I said, I Welcome you here Dante. I hope that you will find what I have, as well as answers to your Questions. Along with some hope for a better tomorrow for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.