i am new and i dont really know how to start

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by the_only_one, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_only_one

the_only_one Well-Known Member

Hi,my name is andrew.
    i have been fighting my depression for 2 or 3 years now, i am only 15, almost 16 and ive decided that i need to finally get some help.

things werent as bad as they are now up until recently and all the sudden its just been a slipery slope downwards. recently the tought of suicide really just kind of really took over, i went to my best friend and girlfriend for help hoping that they would help, but they are getting so worried about me its almost making it worse. well i dont want to bore you with my sob story so basicly joined because i really just need people. please someone help me

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi it is good you went to your friends for some help Can you also go to your parents let them know you need help to. The school councilor is a great persont to talk to It is good you are reaching out here so you know you are not alone but I think your parents would want to help you feel better. They can get you the support you need in real life If you like you can pm me anytime okay or go to chat and talk to people there hugs:hugtackles::hugtackles:

3. the_only_one

thank you,
    i really want to tell my parents but im scared, i dont know how they will take it, there is alot going and i dont want to put more of a burden on them

4. total eclipse

aw hun they would want to know they would want to help you so you can be happy. I am a parent i am glad my duaghter comes to me for help hugs to you

5. the_only_one

im just scared to tell them. i feel like if I did, it would just put a damper on their lifes .

6. Hi Andrew.

This might sound a little strange, but please don't forget how much people like to be able to help those they love. Nothing makes me feel better than to be able to support a friend who needs it, and as a parent, there's really nothing more wonderful than being able to help a child (or teenager, in your case!) who is brave enough to ask for what they need. So don't worry about troubling them. If I were your parents, I'd be proud of you for having the courage to speak up before it gets worse, and I'd be honored to do anything that might help you.

This is just my $0.02, I know, but I do think it's worth something. You sound like an amazing guy--I don't know many other 15 year olds who've had to live with undiagnosed depression--and suffering in silence is so, so hard, even for adults. Do tell your parents, or if you can't start with them, talk to a teacher or counselor or another adult whom you feel close to. It'll make a difference.

And welcome to SF. I'm glad you joined. :)

7. total eclipse

Hi again i like what Audrey has said to you us mom care parents care about their children Talk to a teacher a councilor then okay you don't have to suffer with depression not when there is help okay you reached out here that took courage as said not you need to us that same courage to talk to someone in real life so you can start getting the help to feel better :hug::hug:

8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

You won't bore us. Talk away. You need to seek some help sweetie. There's no shame in that. Welcome to SF. I hope we can help you. :hug:

9. the_only_one

thank you guys, alot,
    you actually make me feel like im somewhat important to someone out there

10. total eclipse

You are definitely important hugs

11. the_only_one

some days for me are okay, im not miserable, but still not happy, and then there are days like today where its just a dark hole. no matter what i do i cant get out

12. total eclipse

That is when you need to talk to someone okay teacher councilor at school your parents. okay talk to someone let them know how you are feeling. Other things to pull you out of that dark hole is to get outside go for a walk Go shopping with friends listen to upbeat music You may need medication oky you really need to talk to someone i hope you get courage to do that hugs

13. the_only_one

i usually have the down days four or five days a week. when i do, i try to go to my girlfriends house and just talk. and then usually hold her and fall asleep. but thats hard to do now be cause my mom made the rule that i can only hang out with someone once on a wek day and once on a weekend and it is just getting difficult

14. the_only_one

i just did more reasearch and i believe i have BPD

15. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Andrew. I am glad you found us and have come to the decision to seek help. You mentioned that you are afraid to tell your parents how you are feeling because you don't want to burden them. Speaking as a parent, I would much rather you chose to "burden" me and give me the chance to help you (even if it means seeking outside assistance) than to risk losing you knowing that you didn't want to cause any further stress in my life. Should something happen, I would always blame myself and wonder what I had done wrong, or what I should have done differently because you didn't share with me. We will do what we can to support you. Share what you are comfortable in sharing. :hug:

16. the_only_one

And now I know I can't trust anyone. I tild my two closest friends and one won't tell. But now one is telling everyine and hiding it from me. I want to trust them but I can't. I hate knowing everyone is talking about me behind my back. And even if I tell my parents. We don't have the money needed. We are a family of 7 and last year total we only mad2 3000 dollars. So I'm kinda in a tough choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.