I am new and quite overwhelmed by everyone here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by AlleBell, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlleBell

AlleBell Member

This is very wierd and awkward but hello everyone. My name is Alejandra or Allebell. I have been getting help with my thoughts. Throughout the years I have tried many different ways but this time, I am actually doing what my therapist is saying and trying to get better.
    I didn't realize how many other people are like me. So, I am willing to give this whole thing a shot.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there Allebell, there are millions of people suffering from depression, it is all around us, you are not alone and a statistic is that 1 in 4 people will have depression at some point in their lives. That's a huge statistic!

It doesn't have to be weird or an awkward experience, I am lynn, feel free to message me any time and have a read through the forums and you will find a lot of similar people to you.

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi Allebelle, I would like to welcome you here, sit back & relax. I hope that is does not feel weird or awkward very long, I felt almost the same a year ago, I was new here then just like you are now. I find it to be very comfortable and very safe as well. here. I think you will find others in here very friendly and helpful, no one is going to push or rush you, You will not be judged or ever have to feel defensive. I have found it at times to be very calming for me, You can take and do things at your own pace, I hope that you will find some one that you can talk to and if you ever have any questions or need help, all you have to do is ask! Take a little time, look around, we have a chat room and even a games room, I have only been in it once and that was today so I would have to defer to someone else on how it works. Check out the Forums there are lots of things of interest there! I will perhaps see and talk with you again, Take care of yourself, I hope the best for you!
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hey, Allebelle. Welcome to the forum. Just take everything at your own pace. There is no pressure here. And you are surrounded by people whom you can talk to and share things with. No judging here. We all know what depression, anxiety, etc are like.
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

AlleBelle, welcome to SF! Glad you found the site! A lot of people are surprised when they realize they are not as alone with their thoughts and feelings as they thought.

For me, coming here helped me to see that maybe I'm not so different from others, after all. It was kind of reassuring. I also found that since many people keep posting, many talk about how they're beginning to feel better. That made me want to keep working at that, too. There's a lot of support and affirmation in being part of this SF community. I hope that you find it's like that for you! Welcome and wishing you many new friendships and lots of support - those can help a lot! :hug:

Also, I want to say, I love the image in your avatar. If you haven't already, you might like to add a post to the thread we have about avatars (what it is, why you chose it...). If you aren't into that/don't want to, that's ok. :)

Take care and be safe!
  6. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hey Alejandra, you have a beautiful name. Welcome to the forum, I am glad that you are trying to get better. Hopefully SF can help you with that :)
  7. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I admit, I can be pretty overwhelming especially after a curry but don't let that put you off. We have windows in SF and air freshener.

Welcome to the site. :D
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Let me add my welcomes to you as well. I hope you soon feel at home here. We are a very supportive family and would love too add you into the fold.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.