I am new

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dawn72, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn72

Dawn72 Member

Trigger: I have been having thoughts of suicide lately and it is scarying me. I don't know what to do. I talk to my therapist but it does not seem to work nothing seems to work. I am sick and tired of being depressed and taking pills that don't work. I just want it all to go away......

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hello, Dawn, and welcome. The fact that these thoughts are scaring you is a good thing. Depression is a difficult thing to put up with, we have all experienced it at one point or another at varying degrees. You are among people, here on this site, who understand how you may feel. Stick around and talk, express your feelings and explore your options for potential positive wellness. You have friends here who care. Welcome to the site.

3. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

I just read "I'm new" and I just had to answer you. So I understand you, mabye u tell ur therapist about that and just everything that is going on, mabye she?he?it? can help you. And welcome to this site :)

4. Dawn72

Dawn72 Member

I have told my therapist everything that's going on. He tries to help but I don't think he truly understands me or how I am feeling though. I am self harming also. I just don't understand him sometimes. My theeropy sessions with him are winding down maybe I can find someone else afterward that understands me. I feel so alone. I want to be with my mom in heaven so bad.

5. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Hey, then find an new one who really understands you or at least talk to us, we can mabye help. I know, feeling alone just sucks (sorry for my bad language) but at leat try...for us :)

6. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I encourage you to vent here. It is a safe place and the feedback are genuine and sincere. Give this place a chance and hope you find some support here and take some advice from the feedback you get. I know I have utilized this place all the time. People know me here and they never get tired of me, it seems. I know I need the support and hope you get it too. Again, welcome!

7. KnightFalls

KnightFalls Well-Known Member

Maybe you can find a different therapist. I recently fired mine. I felt the same about him; he didn't really care or wasn't in touch. I found a new one and feel that he is invested in helping me not just lining his pocket. Perhaps it is time to seek out a new therapist.

8. Dawn72

Dawn72 Member

I am almost done with my therapist it was only for short term. Maybe I can find someone else now after I am done with him. He was really no help to me. I will see how things go. I am still suicidal at time though and nobody seems to care my theraposts I mean all they do is make me sign a safetly agreement that's all. I need someone to talk to about my problems and they wont listen to me. I will see what I can do.

9. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

It really helps when u find a good therapist but it takes time and luck to find one. Don'tgive up but kkeep searching and be patient. You're the one paying him so u have a choice to decide who works for u the best. You're not obligated to be stuck on whatever u get so find the one u can build a rapport with.

10. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

It's getting better, u will find a better therapist :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.