I am nobody

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Jasv, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Jasv

Jasv Well-Known Member

I am damaged. I am broken. I am so far gone and no one has a clue, but yet I always try to help my, also damaged, family. I give them money. I give them rides. I try to be there for them when they're in trouble and nobody cares. Nobody appreciates a damn thing. I am literally nobody to them and it's sort of funny lol I am so stupid. Why am I so stupid? I'm so sad that I feel it in my bones. I just want to go home, but I don't have one. I feel like an outcast no matter where I go. I just don't want to be alone. I'm so sad. Life just really sucks.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are someone so very special that they do take care of people. You need to now take care of YOU ok time to back away from the people that use you that way perhaps they will appreciate you more when you are not there all time for them. It will make them look after themselves as well so you will have more time for YOU

3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Jasv, I am so sorry that you are feeling so down. I have been there. It hurts. It hurts a lot. But I have come to realize that no one is a 'nobody'. We may feel like it at times, but it just isn't true. Everyone has value, worth, something to contribute to this world. And that includes you. It sounds like you have really tried to help your family. A 'nobody' would not do that. Your family just seems unable to recognize what you do. Don't let them determine how you feel. And it is not stupid to try and help your family. It is kind, considerate, the action of a loving person. The loving person you are.

You say you don't have a home. Do you live with your family, but just feel totally unwanted there, or are you actually living on the street? I would actually suggest trying to get away from your family for a bit. Do something for you! Take care of yourself! Put yourself first for a while! You deserve it. Find something you enjoy doing and do it. This is not selfish. It is taking care of yourself. It is giving yourself a chance to heal, to become who and what YOU want to be. Not what your family wants you to be.

You might want to drop into the chat room sometime. There is usually someone their to share things with.