I am not in immediate danger but...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mayak, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayak

mayak New Member

Lately I feel more and more like I am willing to take a life threatening risk because I stand at choice that system silly to some who read this but the fact is, I can't take it anymore. It has been 24 years since my body stole my life away. I was an amazing gymnast, dancer, and runner. I then developed during puberty as most girls do, but I must have fallen into a batch of miracle gore as my chest grew destroying my ability to continue in what I loved. Over the years my back ached like an old lady, my posture leaned, my shoulders grooved in and my neck hurt. Clothing was hard to find and despite all this I am shot down from insurance for help.

Over the last several years I have been legally collecting medical and surgical supplies. I can't afford the surgery so I am at 2 -3 options. Do it myself, which is extremely risky. Find someone who will do it cheap, Maybe a doctor who lost a licence or I train someone, but how do I do that? Put an ad on Craig's list? Or end my misery all together. I just don't know what to do, but I am not waiting forever. I just wish I had better options.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hi Mayak

I'm just quick replying to you at the moment as your situation is new to me - I am going to take some advice on this from people in the know, plus I'll do some surfing online to see if I can find some information for you

Hopefully someone on here may be able to help you too Mayak

So until I type to you here later.............

tc Mayak

:freehug:

3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry for the situation but unfortunately cannot really get behind any of the remedies you have suggested as it is not a do it yourself or untrained person procedure - it is surgery and rally "minor" surgery being far more involved than augmentation for example. What you need to do is go to a series of Doctors until you find one that will give take the time to to make the "medical need" argument that your insurance company will require to do the surgery and with a history of back problems that should be doable. I would also recommend if you are not currently, then go get treated for back problems and aggressively pursue that with repeat appointments. They will likely simply say nothing can be done because the remedy is the reduction surgery, but still make follow up appointments and go. The idea is to make a financial incentive for the insurance company to consider it and so that there is documentation to prove the back issue coming from somebody beside the place that wants to do the reduction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.