I Am Not Okay, Not By A Long Shot

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Confused_Being, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I knew i was not okay, but right now I literally feel suffocating- I have not been this frightened since I was nine. I need theraphy and meds again, but I'm not sure how to tell my mom that I'm not okay. I feel sick. Help?
  2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly at the moment. And I do understand the hesitation in telling your mom. I had an opportunity to tell my mom once; to seek help when I was young. But I wouldn't. That resulted in my living this nightmare for years. In all likelihood my mom would have understood and I would have gotten the help I needed. I really regret never telling her. (She passed away almost 30 years ago).

So I hope you will find the strength to tell your mom. Mom's have a tendency to do anything they can to help their kids. You just have to give them a chance. I couple of suggestions. You might try writing everything down. Exactly how you feel. That will give you time to clarify your thoughts and know what you would like to tell her. And if you need to, leave the note in an envelope addressed to her. And end it by asking for some time to talk to her. You could also express how you feel here on this site. Just don't get specific as to methods or time lines as that is not allowed. But people here are great. Very non-judgmental. They might have ideas on how you could more clearly express your situation to your mom.

Take care of yourself Confused_Being. And never forget that you are very special.
    2 people like this.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Lots of times thinking about it is much worse than actually talking about it. And the stress from thinking about it makes all the other feelings worse. Start by saying the first line you put here - right now I literally feel suffocating- I have not been this frightened since I was nine - and let the conversation go from there. The advantage to having had issues before is that she and you both have a place to start to get better again I hope you don't put it off.

Take Care and Be Safe
    - Ben
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.