I Am Really Starting To Get Scared Now

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Godsdrummer, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

All I have to do is make it the 45 miles back home after work today. Just 45 measly miles and my car will be repaired.

But my car was making even worse noises on the way into work this morning. I can totally see the car loosing it's brakes and me being involved in a terrible accident just when I was this close.

I am also really scared that the cost will be way higher than the initial quote.

I am also really scared about what will happen if I can't get this toothpain under control.

I am also really scared about my overall general health. Have been coughing quite a bit lately.

But mainly....I am really scared to drive home tonight. I can't have it towed, no money for that big of a job. Damn it.....why do I always get dumped on?

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Really hope the car makes it home for you. Best of luck.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

If it were only that simple.

All my money is going on this car repair. There is no bus I can take that goes from my work, 45 miles thru the country back home. Secondly the car has to get back home as that is where the mechanic is that is going to fix the car.

Since all my money is going to the damned car, I DONT HAVE MONEY TO GO THE FRICKIN DENTIST! AND...I COULDNT TAKE OFF WORK TO GO EVEN IF I DID HAVE THE DAMNED MONEY. Likewise with the damned doctor.

Unless you know what is going on with someone's life, then ignorant comments like that, can really hurt a person when he is down.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're hurting Bill. :-(
    I have had a similar problem recently and money worries can play on your mind so much to the point of where you can't think, eat or sleep! I know it only too well.
    All I will say is, drive home slowly and as carefully as you can, if there is a slightly safer route you can take, please take it.
    You're in the states so healthcare isn't as cheap, but try going to the Pharmacy and getting something called a temporary filling kit if you have a cavity, it's won't keep forever, but maybe a couple of months if you're really careful and it might help to ease the pain. Failing that codine is a god send and worth a try if you are really suffering.
    As for the cough, do you have any idea where it might have come from at all? I wouldn't suggest cough mixture unless you know for sure that it's something that requires it. I saw in another post, someone has mentioned something about alcohol? the more I drink - the worse my cough gets, it might be an idea to lay off for a while as it could be your body trying to tell you something?

As for Kenickie/Nicole. You've been posting really shitty abuse all over the forum and I think it's time you were either banned or warned because you're obviously crying out for attention.

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks DD!!!!

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Ease down Bill, the person was trying to help. I've made the same mistake before, trying to tell someone what to do when I didn't know the details and while I meant well, the message came accross as, well, kinda stupid on my part because i didn't know enough about the other party.

Anyway, I speak from experience...I drove a car that was making noise in the brake area for a month or so, then it started sqhealing and grinding and finally it sounded so bad I had to take it in. Just then about 2 miles from the shop I smelled smoke.

Damn car started on fire right in the wheel well. I had to pull over and grab a gardend hose to put it out. My mom bailed me out.

Have it towed right to the friggin shop. Don't take any chances. You can work out the payment schedules.

Don't destroy your car Bill. also lets work and the doc and dentist tomorrow

One day at a time. Any family members or friends that could loan you a few bucks. If not you pm me and I'll friggin send it to you. Nobod's leaving this place because of a few hundred dollars.

Send me a pm. I need to talk to you.

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hey Bill,
    Sorry you are going through this I really am...I agree with the above post take it slow with the car. I just gotta think that with all of us praying for you and sending good thoughts that car will fly home for ya!
    Just waking up so a bit groggy, just wanted to let you know your in my thoughts.
    Love ya B

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You should be okay getting home since you don't need to use the brakes too often on the open road. Keep your speed down so you don't need them any more than necessary. I drove with my brakes grinding over a months time and was just as nervous as you were about them but didn't have the money for repairs, I had a 76 mile drive to get mine to the shop and all went fine. Try not to stress over it as it only makes you feel worse. I can't be much help on the toothache. Are there any doctors or dentists in your area that do pro bono work or offer services on a sliding scale based on what you can afford? You may need an antibiotic before anything can be done. :hug:

9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I hope you managed to get the car home in one piece. I know sort of what it feels like to have to spend so much money on one thing that it seems you have no money for other things. As yet, i've not found a way to get more money, except i'm trying to get another job but in this market, it ain't easy. I hope you manage to get everything sorted soon though, my thoughts are with you, i know how stressfull these situations can be. :hug:

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Bill I know how much a worry your brakes are.. I had mine go out on me but was lucky enough to be in the slow lane.. I eased myself over to the curb and rubbed my tires on the curb all the while applying the emergency brake.. That helped me to stop.. So stay in the slow lane and as Gentlelady said keep your speed down..Make sure you wear your seat belt also..

11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks guys!!

The good news is that the BRAKES ARE FIXED!!!!

Now I need to get a control arm and it's bushings fixed but that is only a 120.00 job.

Now...if I can just get some damned dentures! lol

12. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

LOL.
    That's great news Bill! :)

13. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

But for the Grace of God, go I.

It was nothing short of a miracle!

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Good for you Bill, I know that is a big releif to you..Take Care!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.