I am really struggling at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to commit suicide but I have such strong feelings to do it.

Imagine having an itch your instinctive feel is to scratch it sometimes without thinking; that is how I feel. I suddenly get a really strong feeling to cut my wrists and it just feels like Im in a trance and that I need to just instinctively do that.

I am depressed and I dont really feel anything about commiting suicide or not but it does feel strange the way the feelings come on.

Im notsure

Impulsiveness can be a dangerous thing. It causes us to do things we may not want to do or would never normally do. You need to find a distraction when this feeling comes. Something to remind you that you really do not want to harm yourself in this way. It may be something as simple as sucking on a strong cough drop, or eating something really sour. If you can put it off for about 20 minutes, usually the urge will diminish to a tolerable level. Please stay safe. I would not like to see you harm yourself. Thank you for having the courage to post here. I hope you continue to do so in the future. And :welcome: to SF. :hug:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Welcome to the site.
Get to the doctors' you are obviously depressed and need some help.
Meanwhile, we are here for you when you need an ear.

*reaches for your hand and pulls you up you may not know me but im here for you....i too feel that way at times but stick with this forum since coming here people i dont even know have picked me up in ways im sure they dont even know i thank all of them...just get through the day and try to think positive cause today may not be as bad as tomorrow....do you know whats triggering it for me it was a lover issue...look at whats bothering you from every angle and find the best solution and know...it always gets wore b4 it gets better but know with much love and faith you can do anything in this world....big big hugs

D

Death71

I've been feeling suicidal on and off for about 14 months, i haven't had the guts to do it. I've been seeing a counsellor etc etc, and I know that change comes from within and all the other obvious stuff, but sometimes it doesn't work. How long can you go on feeling depressed for, people have sympathy at first but after a while it starts to turn to contempt with 'i've heard it all before' or things like he's an 'attention seeker' and the famous 'everyone's' got problems. Look at Robbie Williams he's now in Rehab and suffers from depression and the media just label him a winger, on the radio the other day the DJ was saying he just likes the attention, he's a millionaire what's he got to be depressed about. People like that make me f***ing sick, they've got no idea whatsoever.

They say it's the cowards way out to commit suicide, but i think it takes a great deal of guts. I'm not saying to do it, that's just my personal opinion. In the UK you've got this life is precious shit going around, people that are terminally ill and want to die to be put out of there mysery aren't able to. The UK would rather keep them alive to suffer until they eventually die, we don't let animals suffer like that.

My favourite ever episode of Futurerama was I think the first or second one, where in the future they have suicide booths on the street, great idea :D

Hi, I've been suicidal for almost a year now.
And though they say that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, I know that when you are feeling blue the problem does feel permanent. I've been seeing a psychiatrist for 3 months. with better and worse effects from time to time. But I know one thing now and that is that it is good to talk to someone about your worries and problems. Doesn't metter if it is your fiend, psychiatrist or someone on this forum.

D

Death71

Cutting your wrists is not the way to do it, most times it won't work as it's quite a tricky thing to do. If you're not seeing a counsellor or talking to a good friend about your feelings you need to.

I dont want to commit suicide but I have such strong feelings to do it.

Imagine having an itch your instinctive feel is to scratch it sometimes without thinking; that is how I feel. I suddenly get a really strong feeling to cut my wrists and it just feels like Im in a trance and that I need to just instinctively do that.

I am depressed and I dont really feel anything about commiting suicide or not but it does feel strange the way the feelings come on.

Im notsure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00