I am scared! I don't know what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come on this site when I am feeling bad, because I know that I will feel better when I help someone else, but after I have been off of the site for a while the fear begins to come back on me. I am 55 and lost my job in September. It such a long story, but none it really matters except that it has brought me to where I am today. I don't know what to do. I can't find a job and sometimes the aniexty just takes over. I spend a lot of time by myself. I am staying with my sister, but I can't let her see my fear, because she is having to work so hard to support the two of us. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I am suspended in air and I am just dangling waiting for the fall and praying that when it comes something will catch me. God I hate this. I have always been so independent. I just need simple advice for getting through this crisis. I am afraid that I am going to lose my car. I don't know. I feel silly saying anything with others having so many problems, but I am just afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:

LastCrusade

I come on this site when I am feeling bad, because I know that I will feel better when I help someone else, but after I have been off of the site for a while the fear begins to come back on me. I am 55 and lost my job in September. It such a long story, but none it really matters except that it has brought me to where I am today. I don't know what to do. I can't find a job and sometimes the aniexty just takes over. I spend a lot of time by myself. I am staying with my sister, but I can't let her see my fear, because she is having to work so hard to support the two of us. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I am suspended in air and I am just dangling waiting for the fall and praying that when it comes something will catch me. God I hate this. I have always been so independent. I just need simple advice for getting through this crisis. I am afraid that I am going to lose my car. I don't know. I feel silly saying anything with others having so many problems, but I am just afraid.

There is nothing to be fearful about. Just let it ride. I have lost everything that mattered to be, all at the same time (like a domino) many many times and managed to climb back out each time after I decided to do so (and also having learnt that it's all part of life). Learn to accept what life has handed over to you and remain calm. The moment you allow your fears to set it, you can't think clearly and when this happens, your mind would be clouded with increasing uncertaintly and you can no longer rationalise well which would further result in loss of self-confidence which in turns further affects your state of mind and the vicious cycle that spirals downwards will start. Eventually, you will lose all hope, get depressed and become suicidal cos it would appear to you that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Better arrest it at this early stage and continue persevering. Do your best everyday to look for a job, it doesn't matter what job u do, even flipping burgers is an honest living, anything, for survival sake. Millions of people are losing their livelihoods around the world and you are not alone in this. Most important is to remain calm and continue walking. Don't doubt yourself. If you lose your car, have the 'so what' attitude. Many people can't even have the luxury of owning a car right? Lose ur car now and you can always get one back when you get a job. Be Strong :)

G

Godsdrummer

The fear you are experiencing is what AA guys told me was what they call, "Projecting."

Now I am not going to preach about this, because I do it all the time. It is hard not too. I am in a similar boat. However....I still have my job, however I am down to the bare wire on that.

Also I face the very real possibility of (And here I go projecting) loosing my car and apartment in a couple of months or less.

But you know.....all I know...and I have been very sucidal in my thought processes.....all I know is that you never know what tomorrow will bring. I know that sounds like a cliche, but it is true.

Just this past weekend all I could think about was ending my life, and today....I am shopping for a new LVD TV.

LastCrusade

The fear you are experiencing is what AA guys told me was what they call, "Projecting."

Now I am not going to preach about this, because I do it all the time. It is hard not too. I am in a similar boat. However....I still have my job, however I am down to the bare wire on that.

Also I face the very real possibility of (And here I go projecting) loosing my car and apartment in a couple of months or less.

But you know.....all I know...and I have been very sucidal in my thought processes.....all I know is that you never know what tomorrow will bring. I know that sounds like a cliche, but it is true.

Just this past weekend all I could think about was ending my life, and today....I am shopping for a new LVD TV.
and sometime back, you were supposed to be going to live under a bridge :). See, we all try to predict the future but more often than not, we always think of the worst case scenario and think it will definitely happen. Great to hear that you're shopping for an LCD TV :)

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hey Shadowdancer,
Why don't you go and apply for public assistance. It isn't anything to be ashamed of especially the way the economy is in the toilet..You bringing in any kind of support will make you feel a little better about your situation. You can also get medicaid so you can seek out a shrink and a therapist to help you to get your thoughts and feelings back in order..Don't be afraid to ask for help..We will be here for you also to help comfort and support you!!!

mdmefontaine

Antiquities Friend
hi...your problems are JUST as important as everyone else's! it is great to come here and offer support during 'good times'. . .that just means you are an angel! but. . you need to be here when you are having bad times - because then we can support you!

please pm if you want to talk. . and there are many solutions for you hun - but while you think them through - it would be easier if you had the support of your friends - we are here for you..... :arms:

Thanks to all of you that replied to my post. Thank God I have a sister that doesn't make me feel bad. She told me tonight I was really going to be mad at myself when I did find a job for not enjoying this time off. I know she is right, but it is no fun when you are anxious and do not have money to enjoy your life. I just need to know that I am going to be situated somewhere soon. I never can even find my clothes to get dressed because my sister really doesn't have room for my things and to be really truthful the projection and worrying makes me stay in the bed and not to even try. I know I am stronger and smarter than this. Why is it we can do it for others, but we can't do what we need to do for ourselves?

Thanks guys,

You're amazing!

Shawdowdancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00