I am screwed!!!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by White Dove, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

I am so screwed..

okay, the nitro quick brand that i take is/was essex brand. That as you know was recalled the other day. It just so happens is it is also a popular brand of meds. In fact it is the only brand in the local drug stores around where i live. no other brands are in those drug stores and i am screwed. i get most my meds from the health department, which in my case dosent carry this heart med and they have to give you a prescription for it which sucks big time.

okay, first i went to the drug store where i get them at and told them that it had been recalled due to unsafe handling,etc get this, they did not even know it had been recalled, so i told them where i got the email alert from was from iguard.org. well they go to the web-site and see that it has been recalled, they dont have another brand on hand and so they give me my money back and take the pills back. tell me to go to another drug store and see if they have another brand. so i have to go into cookeville anyway to pay my car insurance, and figure that some of the popular drug stores would have it, like wallgreens or cvs,etc. well i make my first stop at wallgreens they only got essex brand, and they dont know its been recalled either. no luck there, okay i go to cvs, same thing only brand they have is essex. and once again they dont know its been recalled. well they tell me to try some country drug stores like kroger, so i go all over town and even at a smiths drug store, still no luck so i am now without nitro quick pills and totally screwed.

and people tell me God loves me?:blink: come on he hates me, i know it and everyone else does also.. so its making phone calls today for me hoping i can get this med.

oh and if anyone is thinking of suicide dont do it.. dont even attempt cause you can very well end up like me with a damaged heart from a heart attack and have to rely upon meds to keep you alive and if something should happen to those meds then your just screwed.

looks like my plans to end it all might just actually come true by God taking me out of the equation!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi White dove,

How long will you have to go without the pills for?

Don't give up. You can get through this :hug:

3. White Dove

24 to 72 hours depending upon the truck delivering it. drug store said they told them to ship overnight, but tomorrows sunday and the drug store i get it from is closed on sunday. thats why im calling places out of town.

dummy me, i thought i could get another brand at other drug stores and didnt get back into monterey before the drug store closed to tell them i couldnt get it anywhere else before they had closed yesterday, so i had to call this morning and have them order me another brand. of course like them i assumed other drug stores would have another brand! if i can find one that has another brand i can transfer my prescription and get it.

oh well its fate i guess..

4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

oh hun. that sounds really stressful - and not good for your heart to have to be chasing the heart meds DOWN!?

poor you. . . . let us know when you get them, ok? i feel bad for you :hug:

5. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Has the hospital not got this drugs because if your health is at risk then the drs should do something about it?

xxx

6. White Dove

i dont know, i have not ever thought about calling the hospital. if they have just that one brand though it wont do me any good cause its recalled. i will call them and see. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.