I am so alone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by darkrider, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

It feels like I have to finally let go, I am so alone it hurts. I have no friends to see or anything to do any more, and i'm only 21. My life is getting worse and worse. All I can do is walk outside alone but even the outside air doesn't help me feel any better any more.

This is probably a stupid question.. do people ever meet up on forums like this? Is there a way to see if there is anyone in my area? I am so so alone. I feel like I can't do this to my parents, but I can't bear things any longer.
  2. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

To answer your question, yes there are people who meet up outisde the internet after meeting in the forums, and yes I'm preety sure there is a forum here for people to arrange for meetings, I remember seeing it but I can't recall where it is, maybe someone else from the staff can help you?

On your loneliness problem, I'm just like you, you know? I have no friends outside, I can turn off my cellphones a week and when I turn them on all I'll get is junk text message from the operator. It's not easy making friends when you have none, but I urge you to keep trying. I don't have any special tips for you on that since I have the exact same problem and cant help myself, but keep trying for as long as you have the strengh, and even if you find yourself thinking you just cant help it anymore, do your best to pull yourself togheter and try again, a person just cant be unlucky forever, someday could be your lucky day and you'll meet a friend who'll introduce you to another, and another, etc.

Well, I do have one tip tough, a change of workplace usually helps, and by workplace I also mean school. Being labeled a "New guy" usually gives you a boost in making new connections. When you're already all settled, you're just a face in the crowd. Hope that helps and keep posting!
  3. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

Hi darkrider,

Have you tried joining a local group in your area? Something that interests you? There are meet-ups everywhere, all over the country for various interests. Have you tried meetup.com? They have different meet-up groups.
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I suggest the same thing. What kinds of things interest you? Hobbies? If you dont have any, try looking into local groups. Another great thing I used to do was we have a thing called continuing ed here. It is basically interests that you want to expand on. Crafts, photography, cooking, languages, computer skills too many to list. The cost is minimal. They are usually offered once a week in the evenings over a 6 or 8 week period. Just enough time to learn something new, meet other people that share your interests and make a few new friends. And if nothing else a chance to get out and feel alive for a little while each week.

People do meet up here. If you go to news and announcements there is a forum where members post about upcoming meets or try to set up possible meets in areas everywhere. Another thought might be trying to join a support group for depression. Another good place to do something constructive for you.

There are so many opportunities rather than suicide available to you, please think about trying some of them.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Well you're one step ahead of me. I rarely walk outside. I am 20.
    I know just how you feel :hug:
    People do meet up on these forums. I hope I can get to one of the meetups sometime, or just meet someone I've met here.

I feel lonely all the time. Send me a pm anytime you like :pm:, doesn't matter if you don't even really have anything to say. And feel free to add me as a friend :hug:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya darkrider.

I can relate to much of what you said. I'm only 20 and have no friends because I can't leave my home. It gets very difficult to cope with at times but I still have hope that one day it will be different.
    There is SF meet ups. Go to the meets section under news and announcements and you'll find them :) :hug:
  7. Purple_One

Purple_One Member

Am new here too.

I am 36, 2 children. And they are the only people I talk to, or the ladies at the supermarket checkout. I have no friends and have no family. Nobody cares.

the feelings never go away. If it wasn't for my kids, and the useless ex refusing custody - I would have done myself in a long time ago.
    Been battling depression and suicidal thoughts for years, attempted a few times, last time 7 yrs ago.
  8. My_eyes_lie

My_eyes_lie Well-Known Member

When I was 19 I remember wanting to die and feeling like I was all alone. I've been battling depression/ anorexia for years. I can tell you that it can get better. Don't give up. Seek treatment. Don't fight medication (like I did FOREVER) People want to be there for you and people want to help you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.