I am so close to trying

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by midnightstar, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

I'm alone with my thoughts at the moment and I'm seriously considering attempting, finding other people to be in the company of isn't an option and phoning the NHS isn't an option either, does anyone have any advice on what to do to make sure I don't make an attempt?
  2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Just don't attempt.

Seriously, though, you could severely injure yourself, which could make your circumstances worse. What I find helps is taking risks - positive risks. Do something with your life you've never done before, try something new. This is to replace the big risk you want to take to end your life. Substitution works.
  3. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

:hug: star
    I'm sure you can make it through, why can't you call the NHS or be with others..?
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Dunno if these would help you but they're what I try when I'm really upset. Sometimes I do something creative/constructive...demonstrate to myself that life and options are not over...e.g., writing/drawing/painting/cooking (even if I'm not that good at it). I also snuggle with my cat and that makes me feel better and reminds me that I can love and be loved. In a really bad time, I go to bed, turn on the music really loud, and cry until I'm exhausted and fall asleep.

I hope you begin to feel better soon. It sounds like a hard day. Please stay safe. :hug:
  5. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

The NHS suck and when I posted this there was no one I could go to to physically be safe.
  6. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

If your that bad then you need to take yourself down to A&E and see a psychiatrist. You probably need to go on medication as well. If possible stay around friends and family for support.

God Bless
  7. Black Sun

Black Sun Active Member

Midnight Star,
    When the bottom fell out for me just a few years ago. I found great comfort in music while I tried to make sense of my life and to see if there was any future doing anything that mattered at all to me. The music I found was traditional and contemporary/traditional Celtic music. I used Amazon to find songs and albums I like and bought the. To me I was able to find something truly beautiful in the world which seemed to have turned its head awy from me. yet again. For two years, as I tried to pieces of my life togther while others pretended to support me, I went to bed each night with my headphones on and just drifted away with the instruments and voices until sleep came. It was as though God had left me with one single thing to keep my head above water until things got a little better.

Try to find something beautiful to cling to. Beauty does calm the savage beast. Find a light and the darkness must flee! Call it a morning star, the first sign of much greater things to come!

La paix,

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You come here and talk hun you get creative do some art you listen to music hun or watch a funny movie you keep yourself busy hun ok hugs
  9. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I would say maybe call a friend? or a family member? talk to them over the phone for a while...go out...into a store, into a cafe, a grocery store..anywhere to change your mind...even go for a walk...go sit in your building's stairs...listen to up lifting music...hope you are okay now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.