I am so fed up with this.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

My mom is an alcoholic, and I always try to get her to stop drinking because I worry about her. Then she says it doesn't matter because no one cares about her. I try to show her how much I care, but it doesn't matter. I buy nice gifts for friends for their birthdays and holidays. Most of the time, I don't even get as much as a thank you. I had a friend who said we should do a gift exchange. She said she would send something in return, but never did. I don't care about material things too much, but sometimes it is nice to be thought of. But that is hard to come by, when people who have known you since childhood can't even be bothered to write a measly "Happy Birthday" on your Facebook wall.

I am sick of clearing my schedule and having people bail on me. I am done with hearing how no one cares about them. Well then, I guess I am a no one because I bust my ass trying to show how much I do care. But I don't see the point in caring when all it gets me is complaints and people not being appreciative. I feel like I get back so much less than what I give. I am tired of being treated like I don't matter. Maybe I don't, and that is why I should stop trying altogether.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hun, I am so sorry about your mother and how people have been treating you.

However, you DO matter!
    What your mother says has nothing to do with you, that's her illness speaking. I know you take it to heart but really, it's not you. You do so much for her and for everyone. You're an amazing person.

Maybe you need to see some new people? Somewhere you actually feel appreciated, because you deserve that.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Yeah, I think I need to expand my social circle and make new friends. I got more birthday greetings on here than on Facebook, and people here have known me a fraction as long as people I know offline. But I know that people really care here, and I hope I can find some kind people in my area to get to know.

ThePhantomLady likes this.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You do matter. Just felt that was really important to say.

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Thank you, that means a lot to me :)

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, Witty it's important to say that you do count as life is important. Material things do not really count but the feelings that you have in your heart. If they were friends then they would care about you and your feelings.

If I come across horrible, then I am very sorry.

7. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

Tell her how you feel. Tell her how you try to show her you care but she doesn't notice, ask her what you can do to prove that you care for her.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Oh wow, someone I thought was a friend is shit talking me again, on a site we are both on. He is telling someone I don't even know all about me. I knew he was ignoring me, I didn't know he was going to talk about me right where I could see it. He said that I let people treat me badly because I get a payoff out of it, that I enjoy it somehow. Actually, I have a hard time standing up for myself. It doesn't make me happy when people hurt me. He has been an ass to me before, I let it slide but now I don't think I can. He can enjoy the company of his new friends. I must be a complete idiot if I keep letting harmful people into my life and believing they truly care for me.

9. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

I think your friend meant to say is he's an asshole now because he's probably dealing with sexual frustration or something.

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

This person is playing mind games with you. The hurt you feel is unnecessary and not required. I would simply keep away from him and have no further contact. Perhaps he will realise what he says causes you hurt.