I am so fucking lucky

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by hammockmonkey, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Man, I really do have an awesome life. I have a decent job doing something I like doing. I have cheap rent (though I'm not living at my apartment). I have a caring and supportive family. I have girl who likes me (setting up our 3rd date this weekend). I have good financial aid for the last year of my college. I have great friends.

My brother's sister in law just got completely fucked my by her mother. The mother wrote 600 dollars worth of checks (the entire amount of the checking account) and took out dozens of credit cards in the her name. On top of that she no longer can get financial aid because she and the mother made too much money last year! She's totally not depressed, at least not the same way I am.

My best friend just had his heartbroken by the love of his life. He watched and tried so hard to be the person she wanted him to be. . . He's proud of the fact that he's still totally functioning. He hates that he isn't in love (life without love what is that?) I told him it's a lot easier, just more boring.

Then there is me, fucking crazy fucker thinking about death 24/7. So what the fuck is this? I mean, I know I'm a morbid sad person who dwells on the shitty things in life, but come on my life is not bad at all. I have got to deal with myself better, I know this. But fuck it it's time to run, who's with me?

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Just because things seem to be going well doesn't mean you can't suffer from depressive thoughts. Depression doesn't care who its victim is. I would agree that those you mentioned have every right to feel angry, sad, depressed, amongst many other things, but sometimes we don't control our feelings no matter how hard we try. Yes, you should feel grateful for what you have and try to basque in it as much as possible, but don't be too harsh on yourself if you find it difficult. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.