I am so screwed!!!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by White Dove, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

I really am so freeking screwed...

The lady from the health department from Sparta called today and left a message that the nurse i was supposed to see on friday had to cancel cause she is not going to be there, and that they had re-scheduled me for May 5...

I am so screwed it aint funny... my meds run out on Friday.. i am taking a beta blocker.. the only place i get it is at the health department, and you have to see the doctor before they give you a re-fill.. they wont give you meds until you see them.. so not only is my ear hurting and in bad shape.. i am now going to run out of my beta blockers and my heart meds that i cant just stop but have to now..

i am posting this because if i die- and that is a very well possiability now.. that you all will know that it was because the stupid state health department does not care for their patients... i want everyone to know that i did not take my life... that they have physically killed me oh and the stupid state of tennessee as well is just as guilty for denying me my tenn-care when i needed it... heck they already killed a bunch already by cutting them off their meds..

stupid idiots... you cant just stop a beta blocker.. any doctor knows that.. it can kill you.. you have to graduly cut them down to get off them and i been on it for over a year.. The lady at the desk said - " i am sorry but we cant get you in until may 5 2009 " so i say can i get enough meds till then? this is her reply " no i am sorry but you have to see the doc to get the refills " so I am screwed.. And i cant get my heart pill.. thats another one i need.. yeah i still got my nitro but if i cant get the pill to slow down my fast heart rate, what good does nitro do????? they are freeking idiots and i told you they dont care and this is right here proof!!!!

plus, i went to the local web-site and posted a prayer and one that i had before that had a reply from a friend who said that the health department does not do the c-scope, so i am screwed there as well.. i cant get in to do this procedure therefore i cant get the polyps removed, which will be more cancer in me etc...

i am fed up with the stupid state and with my life.. What point is it in me trying to live when i cant even get the care i need to stay alive? its plain down right dis-hearting.. thats what it is... and if this is not a crisis then i dont know what is?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. i am so sorry for this . . . the first thing that comes to my mind is to CALL the doctor. most are on call and have emergency 'beepers' or services for messages.

there has got to be a way to get your meds - it is a simple ph call - so you won't screw yourself up. many meds DO have to be weaned off gradually. this is scary. . . keep calling. an idea too. . . your local pharmacist. people are friendly in tennessee (i grew up in kentucky) and they obviously have connections w/dr's. . . . go talk to your pharmacist - the one you see the most hun. see if he/she will put a call in for you - it is worth a try. .
    you don't ask, you don't get. . .

let me know what happens hun. am worried about you . love, xx

3. kmjohnson7

kmjohnson7 Member

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I know that it might not be the best situation, but perhaps you should go to the Emergency Room. I bet that you can get the medicine there. I think most doctors would rather see you in the ER healthy than dying of a heart attack or whatnot. Seriously- good luck!

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Susan, I can really see what you mean now! But I have a couple of suggestions. About a week ago on the program "60 minutes" there was a discussion by people in exactly the same situation you are in, with there medical coverage cancelled midway through cancer treatments, etc... One of them went to the local papers and had her story printed and had one of the medical insurers re-establish her treatment. Another began calling private medical firms that dealt with various forms of cancer and found one that had decided to treat as many as they could basically for free (as much as the client could pay, even if it was only $5.00). There are some decent human beings left out there, so I think you should give this a try. Many people are doing it. Don't be too proud, you legitimately need the treatment and I have a feeling you might get it. Let me know what you think.

5. White Dove

just popping in to update everyone so no one will continue to worry about me..

Prayers were answered. i got my meds today!

I had on advice of some here both through pms and out in the forum called the health department prepared to beg them if needed to let me have the meds i need before i run out on friday. when the lady picked up the phone i told her i really needed my meds and she told me to come on down which i did and they worked me in to see the nurse on duty. Same nurse that had canceled my appoinment for friday.. anyhow i got in to see her and got a re-fill on my meds, my beta blockers and heart meds and even my asthma meds also.

now the bad news...:sad:

the nurse looked at my ear and said that she now understands what Dr Gentry was talking about. I also had taken in the paper that the ER had given me that day. it is a big mass on the inside of my right ear. it is also swelled up really badly. She is not a doctor and only a nurse but she wants me to call and make an appointment with Dr johnson the first part of may so he can do some tests to see what this is. it does not look normal and will need a possiable biopsy done to see what it is. Also she advised me to talk to Dr Johnson about getting my c-scope done ASAP. I do not have insurance, they do not do this procedure there at the health department, and my credit with Dr Doug Smith is shot cause i still owe him money for a few things that i had done at the care center there so how i am going to get this done is beyond me.. I did ask her about the polyps they took off me and she did say yes they are pre cursers to cancer and that i do indeed need this done so whatever happens i have no idea, but

a big thank you to all who helped with prayers! they were answered to his will!!

now i just got to find out what in the world is in my ear...:unsure:

6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

honey.... i am glad that some prayers were answered sweetheart.

as for the rest. .. . we just have to trust. and to rest. it is SO hard.

i wish i could help. i wish i could pay . or i wish i could take the bad things away.

i cannot. but i am here. i care. i'm sorry for your pain and suffering.
    i'll say a prayer for you tonight hon. i do not understand. i have faith. but . i do not understand when God/god lets us suffer.

you are suffering and i am so sorry
    i am here thinking of you.
    xxxx

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Susan, get into Dr. Smith and do one of two things, whichever will work 1) throw yourself at his mercy and tell him you'll pay when you can or 2) tell him you'll go to the newspapers and have his face plastered all over as the doctor who wouldn't help out. I think #1 should do the trick. Basically kidding about #2, unless you don't know him too well and he refuses to help you.

8. White Dove

hey, thanks for the replies you two!

and shades. Dr doug has been a very good doctor toward me.. i would never degrade him in public lol..

i am going to call the nurse back tomorrow and see what she has to say then go from there.. the way i look at it.. if i cant get it done then it must be Gods will who knows maybe he has something better for me or has a job for me in heaven..

as to getting in to see him its a flat $70 office visit just to see him and ask, so i am going to try to talk with them at the ambulatory care center there in whartburg.. i think the nurses name is carman or something like that. she said it on the answering machine but could not understand her name.. just kind of dreding calling cause they will dune me ( ask me why i have not paid what i owe him ) i will let you know as soon as i find out something... probably by a pm so check your pms okay?

9. White Dove

UPDATE!!!

Talked with Carmen and i did get in to have the C-Scope. Only thing i have to have that day is once again the $100 up front. They know that this has to be done cause i am so young ( 36 ) and have had these cancer polyps every year and for the past 2 years they have incresed some.

I go into the procedure May 15, 2009 at 9 am ( 10 am there time, they are 1 hour ahead of us ) so i want to thank all who prayed for me and ask you to keep me in your prayers for this as well. perhaps pray that by some miracle there will not be any polyps found, or that they will get to remove all that are in me if it be to Gods will.

i recon they know my situation and just how important it is for me to have this done every year:blink: but anyhow wanted to give you all a quick update and instead of making a new thread up in the news area i decided to just reply here so everyone would know what i am talking about..

still have no idea about my ear and the thing/lump/whatever that is in my ear. wont know until i go back to see Dr johnson and he gets to look at it.

i have several surveys to do tonight and might not get the chance to log back in here tonight but if anyone ( my friends here ) would like the number to where i will be having this done at and wish to check on how i made it through the surgery just pm me and i will give you the number..

again i want to say many thanks for my friends here and the prayers. i could not make it without you!.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.