I am SO sick of........

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by joeysephine, Oct 29, 2006.

1. joeysephine

joeysephine Well-Known Member

being my dads carer, I really do love him to bits but I'm 15 and im spending 2 hours a day cleaning each room because he cant do it God bless him.

All this week I should have been thinking of finishing of my coursework, just this minute have i finished it, and that was just my english one, the other 2 will have to wait.

the reason my dad cant do it is because he's 67 and had a stroke a few years back, so i have to live with my ant and uncle, and he'll never be able to do anything the same again, when I'm out with him he walks slow and i get frustrated and he thinks im blaming him for what happend but im not, I just wish he or anyone else could understand what its like, its hard enough having a dad who is infact 67

2. Maja

Maja Member

Hey joeysephine,

Sounds like you have an incredible amount of stress in your life right now. It is extremeley challenging for anyone to be a caregive but for a 15 year old to be a caregiver for her father is especially challenging. You have every right to be frustrated and to feel overwhelmed at times. That's completely natural for someone in your situation. I know it can be hard not to feel guilty when you are having those feelings regarding someone you love. Keep in mind that it does not mean you do not love your father. It just may mean that you are feeling a little burnt out.

I hope that you do some things to take care of yourself. It's important to remember that if you don't take care of yourself, you can't be much help to anyone else either. You know when you go on a plane and they instruct you on what to do ifthe oxygen masks drop from the ceiling. They always say to secure your own before helping small children etc... with theirs. It makes good sense. I hope that you can keep that in mind as you think about your dad.

How are you feeling about everything right now? Tell us more about how you are doing! This is a safe place for you to vent!

Take care!
    Maja

3. joeysephine

am feeling crap about, well, most things, because my dad isnt the only problem, i have things with court, i was suppose to be going to three but one got cancelled, it may of seemed a good thing but it wasnt because they waited a year and a half to cancell it, in that time i totally ballzed up

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

couldn't have said it better.
    As for me i'm studying overseas and i really dearly miss my aging father and mother. i wish i could be there with them this x-mas. one day you'll miss him.

5. joeysephine

i miss him when i go to school, or when he goes to town, he's proper the only thing that makes my life worth living

6. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Im sure he loves you more than anything =) do you ever just stop and tell him how much you care for him? =)

7. joeysephine

yea, if hes just there, ill go over to him, hug him and tell him that i love him

8. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Thats great =) You have to think about how you have him still, try not to let it all get you down. Take care, Ally x