I am so sick. (triggering to some)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by thepalestrose, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepalestrose

thepalestrose Member

I'm so sick of this.
    Whenever I get into a fight with anyone, especially my boyfriend (this happened yesterday), I start self-harming without realizing it. Well, I sort of realize it, but it doesn't hurt. For example, I had a mosquito bite and I just kept itching and itching and I woke up this morning with a huge scab on my knee. And because of the fight yesterday, I have two new scabs on my right hip.
    I already have a few scars on my hip from the same thing. Plus many more on my arms.
    That's another thing - I was just thing mine and my boyfriend's family on vacation and my scars for scratching (I previously used another, more popular method of SH but this way is easier - I did it when I was in treatment - but it leaves worse scars) are so prominent and disgusting that I cannot look at my left arm and I felt so ashamed around my boyfriend's little girl cousins, who I became like a big sister to.
    Sorry, i just had to rant about how sick I am of involuntarily scratching and how sick I am of my scars.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you hun try covering them with some zinc ointment okay get them healed glad you are venting her too hun keep doing it if you find it helps
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.