I am so tired.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Flaxney, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaxney

Flaxney Well-Known Member

I am not certain if this is the correct place to post this. But I really would like some people to talk to. I am tired of being lonely. I have done everything that I can possibly think of to find people to interact with on a regular basis, but it has resulted in nothing but rejection and disappointment. No one is ever interested in having a conversation with me on a regular basis, or shows any enthusiasm whatsoever about interacting with me. I do my best to be positive, and try to offer interesting information and discussion, but it never seems to be enough, and others who offer far less, just seem to effortlessly gain acceptance. And I feel that I am simply too old now to find friends. All of the people that I considered to be my friends in high school, college, and afterwards have abandoned me, which is usually the case. People discard me like the wrapper of a particularly disgusting snack, greasy and a reminder of an unpleasant experience.

I can't even find what I am looking for here, on a forum full of people that as just as lonely as I am. What does this say about me? Am I that unpleasant, fit for nothing but isolation and despair? Most of the time attempting to interact with people makes me feel like a vile fungal infestation, a crawling eruption of unendurable social failure. The only joy that I bring to people's lives is when they are finally rid of me.

I just want someone to talk to on a fairly regular basis, to discuss things with, connect with. Why is that so much to ask? Do I simply not qualify as a member of the human species? I have tried so many things to make myself more appealing, more engaging but despite all of my efforts I am just as bereft of friends as when I was a teenager. What am I supposed to do? I am tired of being ignored and rejected all the time. But I can't rectify the issue, no matter how hard I try. Ineffectual and contemptible, all I can do is watch others fit in and find friends and form social structures, while my inner anguish rages and I rust away like an abandoned ship on some bleak shore.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs* Feel free to PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.