I am sorry to post again, but I have no one to talk to.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HomerSimpson, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I am sorry to post again, because it seems I am posting about the same subject. Why should I continue when I have no one in my life. Tomorrow I will wake up to nothing, and no one. I lost the only person that I have ever felt connected to and I am 34 yo. I have plenty of "aquaitences" but I had only one person that I felt a bond with. People will use the phrase of you dont know what will happen tomorrow or who you will meet in the future, and that is true, but what if that doesnt come true until another 5 years from now am I supposed to suffer until than. It is just not worth it. The greatest time of my life was about a year ago when I met some people and we all trained for a marathon. It was great at the begining because I had somebody and these people were positive. It started to get bad when I realized how alone I still was. When we would get done with our runs, everyone would leave and go to there families, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc, and I would home to literally nothing. Please dont use the "get out more and meet people" knowing people isnt the problem, finding that bond with someone, that soulmate is. Someone you can confide in with all your secrets. I had that with a friend and she was the only brightspot in my other suicidal depressing life. Tell me what to do, I have lost all desire to live. I am not a bad person so why am I so alone. I have nothing to look forward to, I am literally alone. Why should I continue?

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Homer. I agree that it is very hard to find that one special someone to share your thoughts and feelings with. I'm 27 and still havent found that person yet. But don't give up hope yet. Don't feel that you have to find your soulmate before you reach a certain age. When it happens, you'll know and it will be the greatest feeling in the world. Plus, many people live lonely lives. I like spending time alone, because it gives me time to contemplate my thoughts and introspect.

3. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

With me I just contemplate how I have nothing and no one. I dont want to live and I know the next few days are going to be the hardest of my life.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Homer,
    What keeps you from getting out? If you don't get out there and let the ladies see what kind of guy you are, how are they going to know if you don't show them. You have friends, so tell them you have been under the weather lately but that you are feeling better. That will get you back in with them and you don't have to let them know you were contimplating suicide.
    Homer don't throw away what you have. Let your ex go, it is obvious that she has moved on. I know it is hard, I have been in your shoes several times and it doesn't get easier as you go. You need to learn to make peice with yourself. You need to set boundries for your self.Only let others know what you want to share. You can keep some things to your self. I hope you find peice with your self and that you will find someone else....Take Care...

5. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

I can imagine it's pretty nasty to have those thoughts and feelings about your loneliness going on repeat in your head all the time. I think the people above have made one or two good points. As hard as it is to get rid of obsessive thoughts I think you must try to let go of them, fuck it all-style. Then how about trying to get together with your friends, or acquaintances, and do stuff. The more active you get the more likely you are to meet someone and it's very helpful if you don't have those thoughts about your loneliness in the back of your head while you're at it.

6. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

I can relate to some of your feelings. You do need to get out there be confident and happy with yourself(I know it's much easier said then done) and you'll find someone.

I once heard a saying that goes something along the lines of "those that look to others for happiness will never be satisified". With that said feeling lonely and having no one to talk to is a horrible thing that no one deserves. I know I've looked to others for happiness as well, the hardest thing is to be happy with just yourself. Maybe working out could be something to help you as you mentioned a marathon run.looking better doesnt hurt since it adds confidence as well, not to mention all the endorphines.

Get out there take a chance another corny saying you don't score on 100% of the shots you never take. At the same time being selfish isn't such a bad thing. I've been in shoes before, no friends

over the past 6-7 months I've had a few women that wanted to date me but I was stuck in my own world of dope, videogames/TV working out, anxiety about going out, exaserbated from the dope that I would rarely go out. I expected a girl to ask me out and just come into my life of drugs, food, video games, TV etc. I know this sounds bad but my life was 10x better then it is now doing those things and being a selfish loner.

Letting your X go is a good thing if your stuck on someone else it will be alot harder for you to open up and let someone else special come into your life.

Good luck, and takecare

7. Kimi

Kimi Well-Known Member

I can understand how you feel alone.. I'm the same... If you want someone to talk I'm here.. PM me if you want..

8. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I understand. Its tought but i am always around if ever you wanna talk about anything, jus drop me a pm.

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That is the reason we are here...so sorry things are so rough right now...please do continue to share with us...J

10. SullenGirl187

SullenGirl187 Member

I wanted to write to you to give a different perspective than I think anyone on here will ever give you. And this is the philosophical point of view of the meaning of existence. I don't know if you have ever read anything on Nihilism but if you haven't you really should. Nihilism is generally attributed to Nietzsche after he wrote, "Being and Nothingness". Which you should read by the way. This is a brief definition:

Nihilism (from the Latin nihil, nothing) is a philosophical position which argues that existence is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value. Nihilists generally assert some or all of the following:

Objective morality does not exist.
    No action is logically preferable to any other in regard to the moral value of one action over another.
    In the absence of morality, existence has no intrinsic higher meaning or goal.
    There is no reasonable proof or argument for the existence of a higher ruler or creator.
    Even if a higher ruler or creator exists, mankind has no moral obligation to worship them.
    The term nihilism is sometimes used synonymously with anomie to denote a general mood of despair at the pointlessness of existence.[1]

This is my personal belief system and one that I think many suicidal people have on an intuitive, subjective level but not on an objective, intellectual level. It is easier to deal with the meaninglessness of life when we take out our "feelings" about it and look at it from an objective/distant point of view. As if we were a fly on the wall looking in at ourselves.

Personally, I believe that life, ALL LIFE, is meaningless. At the end point I mean. I actually do understand that the point of life is too continually evolve our spirits until we get back to "the source". But in my point of view, even THAT is meaningless. And once you have this belief inside you then you are really left with two choices. Choose life or choose death. And if you choose life, then I feel you should make it the absolute BEST life you possibly can. If you are not going to choose death. If you choose death, then I personally see no wrong in this choice. It is a choice like any other. With no moral basis. But you have to understand that even in death it is really not THE END. You will only move on into spirit form or possibly become reincarnated into another human being to continue the soul's evolution process. To only continue on into yet another miserable, meaningless existence in another body. So, there really isn't a solution but to try to make this life the best possible. Even if you clearly understand that it is meaningless.

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I completely agree with you Sullen.
    I also have nihilistic beliefs.

12. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I thought Sartre wrote Being and Nothingness.

13. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I am not ignorant, my meds keep me focussed up to a point and past that I determin who I will let into my world. With my racing thoughts it is hard to read anything in depth. I can only say I hope you get help!!! Good Luck!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.