I am told I need to commit suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by logician, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. logician

logician Member

Spirits of another world constantly tells me to commit suicide to escape from this world. They told me to write this, and this letter is dictated by them, word by word.

I suffer from schizophrenia and anxiety and a little autism. Though I am sure the spirits are real.

I watched an execution, a real execution, caught on video, on YouTube, by Faces of Death (documentary).

They told me to watch it. They told me to see what happens in this world.

Though I do have autism, I could clearly see and feel the anxiety of the man forced to the chair of electricity.

Now they tell me to cut my artery. I have no knife at me though, and I don't want to cut myself. They tell me to do it.

Help!

2. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

Those are not spirits from another world my friend, that's your own mind lying to you to try to stop the pain. You said yourself you don't want to cut yourself, so don't. Even if they were other worldly spirits, they don't ANY have control over you. You don't want to kill yourself, then don't. Tell those voices, spirits of whatever to shut up and leave you alone, because you're free to do what YOU want. If you wanna keep living, then keep living everyday to the fullest. It's not up to these "spirits", it's up to you, it's your life, your choices, don't follow those spirits and voices, follow your own heart.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Please don't listen to anything that tells you to hurt yourself. I know it's got to be frustrating, hearing voices telling you to hurt yourself. You don't have to give them any control though. Keep talking here, try to listen to us because we don't want you to die.

4. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Hi, please take a moment and just be yourself. Push aside those spirits and that video you saw and just breathe. Sometimes things can get very warped in life and things can become confusing or overwhelming. But please do not let that cause you to hurt yourself.
    You say you are aware that you may have some issues, perhaps take that gently to heart that right now you are going through a tough period. Things will get better, and those thoughts will calm down. But just for the moment, be kind to yourself. Don't watch anymore things like that, they really just hurt. For every ounce of pain in the world there is more light. Try not to overwhelm yourself :) You can embrace the beauty life has here and share it with others, and in the end resist those parts that you don't agree with.
    Just be kind to yourself.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi
    Whatever it is that is telling you to do what you do.... people can call them your imagination...... You call them spirits........ I will just call them voices. Please please know that these voices do not have your best interest in mind. I hope you can believe me when I say this. Please never ever do anything that they tell you to do. No matter how tempting. Please just dont do it. I want you to live. and I want you to stay safe. I do not want these voices running any part of your life. I understand its so hard to not do what they say. But please try. :hug:

You said you have schizophrenia. Have you had your meds evaluated recently? I am wondering if there is anyting that can be adjusted or added that can help to quiet the voices.

And if possible, keep posting here. Even if the voices say not to. I think its a really good community.
    last thought: Stay alive and safe

6. BlackUnderground

BlackUnderground Banned Member

Flowers can i send you a private msg, if you have the same issue i need some info. Thanks.

7. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that this is happening. going to a hospital might be a good idea.

8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

You can always send me a private message ! any time. I dont have the same issue. But I have learned some things about it from helping someone I am very close to. Although there is lots I do not know about it, I understand some things from my own way of seeing it. Still, pm me if you think it will in any way help

9. BlackUnderground

BlackUnderground Banned Member

You have them off.

10. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Well, for me it's mainly visual distortions. Not very common for auditory hallucinations for me. (Personally)

Though i have had self inflicting harm voices rarely. Don't listen!
    Hard to do, i know too well.. But focus on your own inner voice.

If they get problematic, call 911. I know that may be hard, hell, getting medical help is hard. But you can at least get them quiet.

You are able to discern that you have schizophrenia, i hope that means you are in a remission state. Or at least it's an early on-set.

Get help now! It only gets harder the further you sink into the delusions.

Keep posting, i know it may be hard, but keep fighting.

11. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Sorry:( They are on now

12. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Taking antipsychotic medicine can help with the voices and delusional thoughts. It may alleviate the suicidal urges that bother you. I used to hear a lot of voices but now I've found the best medicine for me and it helped tremendously. Whether you need to go to the hospital to start the meds or through private therapy is worth the effort. I encourage you to give it a try and hope to see positive results. This will change the way you think and feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.