I am trying to figure out why this matters

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Witty_Sarcasm, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I ask people how they are doing, and I actually care about the answer. If they are down, I try to help them as best I can. If they are happy, I share that happiness with them. People rarely ask me how I am doing, and if they do, they don't care what I am going through. They ignore it, especially if it is negative. There are people who claim to care about me, but they can't even remember the most basic things about me. Things that have been brought up several times before have been forgotten. I don't make enough of an impression to matter. I am wondering what the point of my life is if I will always be an invisible woman and never make an impact on the world or its inhabitants. It seems to be a pointless life to me.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I guess a lot of people don't know how to deal with negative emotions... it's a lot easier to celebrate the happy moments... which is a shame.

I'm sorry you have to meet that. But you are valid, and you are not invisible. You matter, hun. Real friends are hard to make, but you are already doing all the right things... but are they the right people? Are they worth it?
    Or are you overthinking? (I don't mean that to be mean, mind) but sometimes a depressed mind might only see the negatives... if you take that knowledge into consideration, what does that do to your situation?

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

It just seems like it happens often. I ask people how they are doing, they talk all about their issues, but no interest in how I am feeling. Which is ok to a point, but sometimes I just need to let those feelings out. People are always asking me things like my age, my name, and they still spell it wrong, and I mean people who know me. They haven't seen me for a while and can't recall me. It makes me feel like the problem is with me and I am not interesting enough. So in turn that makes me feel like my existence doesn't really matter.

4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Unfortunately Witty, most people seem to have lost the art of listening and sad to say, caring about others. How are you is like saying hello, they really don't expect anything but the generic answer "good, how are you" see it's more fashionable to be doing great than actually sharing your feelings. just my opinion.
    Anyway "How are you doing my friend" I care and I will listen
    Bless you my friend
    Brian

5. Witty_Sarcasm

I thank you for your kind words, but I don't feel I am destined for any greatness. I don't know if I will even be able to achieve mediocrity, and that scares me.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Thank you Brian :) I hope that you have been doing well lately :)

Brian777 likes this.
  7. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I'm truly doing better than I have for a long time and if you ever want to talk, I'm here to listen :)

8. Witty_Sarcasm

I am really glad to hear that :) The same applies to you, anytime day or night.

Brian777 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.