I am very angry

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Marathon-Running-Bunny, May 2, 2012.

1. My friend who was a one legged ultramarathoner was being criticized by a bunch of morons whom they call themselves as his friends. My friend did not complete the 100km because he has got some problem with his prosthetic leg - forgot to bring more spare running blades. The blade he was wearing is wet with his sweat and he need to waste time every 10km to clean out the sweat or he will get blisters on his stump. Due to the strict cut off times for the 100km marathon, he was asked to get off course and into the sweeper bus as he will not make it in time to the finish line.
    Now he wanted to return to do a 100 mile race and instead of getting encouragements from his friends, he got criticisms that he cannot finish the 100km race and now he wanted to try the 100 miles race and keep comparing him with other runners. Comeon, at least he has got the courage to sign up for the race and try it even though he didn't complete the race because of some issues with his blades and his stump. If those scumbags think so lowly of my friend, how about I challenge those who criticize him to come run with me 42km and I tie one of your legs up to your ass and make you run with a crutch??? If you can't finish the race with the crutch and 1 leg tied behind you, I throw rotten eggs at your faces?? How about this deal?? Fuck you bunch of people with rotten mouths always like to make other person's life miserable with your rotten mouth full of rotten words. :mad:
    If any of you got criticized by another jackass, tell that person I challenge him/her to a 42km marathon no cut off time but if he/she with the rotten mouth didn't do better than me, then shut the fuck up next time and learn to be humble or kiss my ass. :mad: :mad:
  2. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

Well what did they say to criticize him? i'll be honest if i had a friend, regardless of any disability, who tried to run a 100km marathon and failed, then said i'm gonna try the 100mile marathon, which is hell of alot further than 100km, i would say "look you couldn't finish the 100km, trying the 100mile is being unrealistic, why don't you try something smaller than 100km and work your way up". I don't know what your friends said but if it's anything along those lines, i agree with them, ever thought that they are looking out for him.
  3. Well, they say my friend is lousy and the other disabled with only 1 arm is the best. I mean both disabled persons completing marathons are equally good, so why some people need to make some comments to make others hurt? It's not easy to run with Only a good leg. the other disabled has 2 good legs and 1 missing arm.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am now in a wheelchair so I can relate too well to what you have written...I just do not listen anymore because I do not consider the opinions of morons...they should be ashamed of themselves...and, btw, they are not friends! Your true friend is fortunate to have you, as we are
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Good GOD! how crass!

Did their mothers never teach them the saying "if you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth SHUT!"

I hope your friend isn't too disheartened by the whole thing.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Wow, I'm really sorry those idiots treated your friend that way! He is lucky to have a great friend like you to support him. Too bad there are people in the world who say such hateful things and don't realize just how much words can hurt a person.