I am very unahppy...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jeff, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff

jeff New Member

I know I won't probably suicide tomorrow so I don't think suicide sub-forum is for me. I post here because I just feel so unhappy.

It's not because of one single serious thing that happens to me and then I post here. I have been living a very unhappy life for many years....
    I don't try to write everything here to bore the people. I try to outline my current situation as neat as possible.

I am 30 and I have been unemployed for three years. I didn't even send out ONE application letter or resume over the past three years and I don't even look at the recruitment website. I have lost my confidence totally. I sleep all day and surf around the internet all day. I am a ''not-young'' adult living with my dad, I don't pay them rents or anything so I can still 'survive' today.

I have graduated for 8 years but I have only worked for two years, by simple math you can know I have stayed at home for many years.
    I don't even have ONE friend, NO, not at all. I have left them (or they have left me) because I just cannot get along with anyone. I often stop myself from reading TV news, I don't want to keep up with the time, I am like living in the past.

I had a lot of problems with a lot of people. I often try to keep myself away from facebook, but I sometimes still look at the facebook of my old ''friends'' or ''colleague'' When I see that they are living a very wonderful life - great job, great marriage, great car, traveling, a lot of things, but at the same time, I am at the end of other side of a computer, I have nothing. No job, no marriage, no car, no money to travel, not even a friend to talk to. For many years, I always eat alone....

I feel so bad, I feel so depressed, especially I am not at a young age anymore, yes, I am not old, but I am not young anymore, I can't start everything again. After all, the worst thing is - I don't know how to deal with my life and my emotion.. I can be very sensitive and I can be very depressed immediately, and then think about what I should do next to make it better, but I can be very forgetful as well , a couple of days later, I could become happy again and forget everything.... when something bad happens to me again, I become unhappy again very quickly, and very regretful about what I have done or what I have NOT done..

I hate myself. I hate that I am still living like a kid, I don't grow up.
  2. fosty

fosty Well-Known Member

Hi. I lived like that for many years and in some ways still do (not with parents anymore but alone with little work). sounds like clinical depression to me anyway. the first step is to see your GP. he/she'll likely supply you with anti - depressants. personally i'd avoid them but they work for some people. I'd ask for psychotherapy or CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). Please try not to beat yourself up too much. Ask for help, you do deserve it
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

first step if you can take do it for you talk to someone your doctor and get treatment and YES you can start again many do start again and so can you but you need to take that first step to reach out for help
  4. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I find that staying house-bound depresses me and causes me to lose whatever little self confidence I have. I have to volunteer, do mini trips out and JUST GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. In order to get a job you must exhibit some self confidence. It is a very tough market and not having job causes me to suffer. It also helps me to interact with people as we were not meant to be alone.

Anti-depressants do work for me but therapy has helped more. But I think it the social interaction that I need more, and just being with people helps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.