I Am Waiting For The Grave

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by skill1952, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skill1952

skill1952 New Member

I am male, 59 years of age and had enough of this shit-hole of a world and life. I have absolutely no money, so I can't join any clubs or socialize in life. In fact all I have going for me is my unemployment money every 2 weeks, which barely stretches out. I sit in the house, have no visitors and well that's about it and has been for a few years now. I have searched, and searched for employment but at my age there is no chance of that.

So what is the point in living if there is no quality of life?
  2. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

hi. first thing i want to say is 59 years is a very long time. you have been through so much without doubt and i could only look up to you for being so strong all these years.

i'm not from the US. maybe other members from there can give you advices on this. anyway, where are you from exactly?

take care
  3. skill1952

skill1952 New Member

I am from Scotland, although I do believe the feelings I have are a world wide problem owing to present day (over the past 4/5 years) crises.
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Have you tried seeing a therapist/psychiatrist?
  5. privatename

privatename Well-Known Member

In 59 years you have certainly gained skills and experience. I agree it is very hard to find employment with the current economy. Have you considered starting your own business? I did this when I got fed up with looking for work. Even if you don't have a lot of money there are ways of getting started. Even if it is just part time to earn a little extra cash. Just something to consider. Also, welcome to this forum. :)
  6. Hi skill1952,

I am also unemployed, though my circumstances are much different than yours. I am struggling as well, and I am in a place that is not very comforting nor happy. Everyone is feeling the pinch it really is a global recession.

All I can suggest is to look outside your normal employment avenues. If you drive a truck look to work in a white collar field, if you are an unemployed accountant look to drive a forklift. I know it is not easy, it is certainly not comfortable but it is a possible way out of the funk you are in. Really there are no easy answers but to look within; re-evaluate what makes you happy, what comfort level you want vs what you need. There are plenty of people here for you to speak to and share your experiences with. I wish I could tell you more or help some way but I would probably need help from you more than you from me. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.