I am worried that I can't stop feeling like this

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by notmyname, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notmyname

notmyname New Member

I am not at any immediate risk.
    I am an intelligent, sensible, successful person.

I am experiencing regular thoughts about killing myself. This is relatively recent - within the last 6 months.

I do not want to go to a doctor or be committed to any kind of institution.

I am concerned that I may lose control of myself. If anyone has any insight on this, I'd be pleased to hear it.
  2. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

I feel regular thoughts about killing myself too

I do not use the term "killing myself" instead I have thoughts about snuffing it.

It sometimes feels too pointless to continue. But the sh and it just keep rolling on.

I'm sorry if my reply is not very helpful.
  3. mex

mex New Member

I too am a proffessional and the outside world thinks Im normal but I suffer bouts of depression and then want to end it all. When better this feelimg goes but comes back when Im ill again. see your Dr. You wont get committed if you tell them you would not actually DO IT. Sorry not in a good place myself at the moment x
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Could it be that you guys are curious about what happens after death but not really suicidal? I'm also curious to know what happens to us after we die.
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Without some sort of professional help chances are you will slowly lose control over the depression and suicidal thoughts. You should see your GP. There could be hundreds of reasons for why you are feeling as you do. And it may be something as simple as talking to a doc to find yourself back to "normal". A doctor is not going to committ you to an institution just for saying you have recently started to have thoughts of suicide. But if you dont seek some sort of help, you may very well find yourself in one in a very short time from now. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.