I am worthless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am tired of closing my eyes and remembering being terrified for my life as a child. I keep hearing the little girl's voice, she's terrified, she's telling me to hurt myself. That I deserve the hurt, that I am worthless.

I am tired of the pain and I want it to stop.

2. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I don't know your story or what happened... But hurting yourself isn't the answer. It will just continue to cycle.

I guess I have never understood self-harming so maybe I'm not the best person here... But, I'm sorry about your past.

You help here. You're a helpful nice person.

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

[QUOTE="Lestat, post: 1431350, member: 4272"

You help here. You're a helpful nice person.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks. Yeah, I know that self-harm isn't good.

4. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah, I know that self-harm isn't good.[/QUOTE]
    Good. I hope you can think about that when you feel that urge.

5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

kcho you're such a lovely person. I am so sorry for what happened to you. I really hope your therapist can help you deal with these memories.

Try to revert it a bit... Imagine you're faced with that little girl. Would you hurt her? Would she deserve to be hurt? No, right? She would deserve a hug. And so do you.

Don't hurt yourself. It won't make the memories go away, I know that all too well. In fact it can make it worse... and I don't want that for you hun.

*huge hugs*

6. I don't know you but you matter to me. You matter to everyone here. You are not worthless!!!! We are all here to help each other and we are all fighting this depression. Don't give up, please.

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You aren't worthless at all. You do a lot here to help people, and that means something, both to us as staff here and to the members you reach out to.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You're an amazing person, definitely not worthless, you're a great person and a great friend, I know therapy is tough but please try and stick with it, if it gets too difficult maybe take some time out for a week or two. I just want to let you know you aren't worthless or anything of the sort. Thanks for being you :) ((hugs))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.