I am worthless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Crashex94, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashex94

Crashex94 Well-Known Member

I honestly have nothing about me that could be considered a good quality. I am unathletic, unatractive, I'm barely passing through school, I have no artistic talent and I can't even work up the courage to talk to people. Even if I try to accomplish something it never works out, I'm just too lazy and end up giving up. I am completely average I thought that maybe I will be able to do something great but then reality struck and I realised that I am nothing special. Not only that but I am LESS than average, at least average people have some form of social life or make a difference for at least one person but not me I do nothing for anyone. I'm a person who takes and takes and gives nothing in return, I have nothing to offer, hell ever since I joined this forum all I've done is whine about my own problems but not comfort anyone. The fact is the only reason I'm alive is to keep my parents happy. If I killed myself they would be devastated but other than them, I have no reason to live. When my parents are gone, I will gladly just finish it all.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there.. sorry ur feeling like this..
    feeling worthless is a horrible feeling..i often let negative thoughts jus consume me 2 the point where i want 2 end it..so i know how u feel..
    its ok not 2 comfort anyone on the forum whilst u deal with ur own problems..it doesnt make u any less of valid person on here..
    u sound really intelligent.. i cant even use grammer properly ;) mabye u need 2 find something u enjoy doing rather than something ur the 'best' at ?
    all the best :hug:
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Like Mandy said, it's okay to come here for help and not be at the point of helping someone else. I think everyone experiences times when they need help but just aren't able to give any.

Is there anything you really like doing, or want to try? Talents are things you can develope anytime, and you probably have some that you don't even realize are there.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are compassionate and caring shown by the fact you care deeply about your parents and that your insight into their devastation if anything would happen to you means you are indeed a sensitive person. You just need some help thats all your not at a point right now to give back but someday you will. What brings you enjoyment animals children nature music art find what makes you smile and use it to bring you out of your depression. Medication can work just to give you that jolt start to feeling better i have used them for this reason. Go to talk therapy find a councillor and talk with them about your feelings they will help change your negative thinking. You are not worthless not to us here or to your parents take care and keep venting and try to get out of that negative enviroment and see things with different eyes okay take care
  5. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

You are torturing yourself by picking up traits that you can skew to make you seem unworthy. In truth, do we even know what worth is? I think it's debatable, but you are worth a great deal, just like the other people here. What do you mean by average or less than average? You are multidimensional. You are putting labels on yourself and manifesting them by directing your thoughts towards them. It is natural to get poor grades, be apathetic to other people or become withdrawn when you're in the deep hole of depression, which it sounds like you are. You do come out of it though. I have been there, and if you don't trust me then scan through my first posts. Healing takes time but you will discover that this is a mentall illness and not you. You'll be baffled by how much your mind plays tricks on you. Yes, it's sad, but it will also be a relief, so it's really not so bad in the scheme of things. Hang in there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  6. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I am worthless as well. The only reason I didn't kill my self yet is because I don't want to leave my mom like this.
  7. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

This may sound cheesy, but it's never to late. It's never to late to pick up a guitar, learn a new skill or start a new hobby or pasttime. Do something for yourself and what will make you happy but also be realistic, forget what others think because in the end what will end up mattering when everyones gone is what you wanted for yourself. It may be hard without validation from others but just remember to never give up.
  8. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey conor :hug i feel pretty much the same as you
    i know it's hard, especially when you feel there's nothing you can do to not be 'average' as it were. but is there something you like doing? a hobby? something like that can really make you feel better :) i hope things work out for you :heart:
    triggs xx
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Conor,

I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling

''I'm a person who takes and takes and gives nothing in return, I have nothing to offer, hell ever since I joined this forum all I've done is whine about my own problems but not comfort anyone.''

That is untrue :tongue: You took the time to ask me was I ok one day and I appreciate it a lot, :hug:
    I hope you can pull through!
    Keep talking if it helps x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.