• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I avoid my reflections

johnDoen

Somehow, I feel uncomfortable looking at myself in pictures, videos or reflective surfaces (mirrors, my phone's screen, etc.).
To be honest, I'm not attractive and slightly (or obviously) fat in real life, maybe similar to a typical neckbeard or an incel.
Maybe there are something I need to change about my look. At the moment, I'm struggling with exercising but the good thing is I'm don't drink soda as much often as I used to and I'm more aware on the amount of salt and sugar I consume everyday.

Anonymous ID

I have the same issue. I used to be so fit but the mental illness and medication has resulted me in letting myself go. I gave up on taking care of myself because my priorities have changed. But just because I have let myself go doesn't mean I don't care about how I look. I beat myself up so much over it and can't stand looking at myself. I look at my passport and then look at my license and it like a before and after. I get really angry and upset

johnDoen

Despite all the stuff (gaining weight, dealing with losses, etc.), the character Thor (played by Chris Hemsworth) remains worthy of his hammer and his role as a god of thunder in the Endgame movie.
That's something worth to think about, in my opinion.

I'm going through something similar i just hate looking at myself in photos, the mirror or any reflective surface and its so bad to the point where i just want to start crying but i hold myself.. i was always the ugly weird kid in elementary school with autism who didnt have friends at all and still dont have friends at all...
my aunt always calls me "ugly" or "fat bitch" or says nasty stuff to me like that.. and it made me extremely insecure about myself.. i hope you are ok still.. *console

johnDoen

I'm going through something similar i just hate looking at myself in photos, the mirror or any reflective surface and its so bad to the point where i just want to start crying but i hold myself.. i was always the ugly weird kid in elementary school with autism who didnt have friends at all and still dont have friends at all...
my aunt always calls me "ugly" or "fat bitch" or says nasty stuff to me like that.. and it made me extremely insecure about myself.. i hope you are ok still.. *console
I'm fine, thanks for asking. It's just that I feel uncomfortable seeing my images.
It seems like we all have at least one person in our lives to give us horrible remarks of our bodies.
If your aunt is that nasty, please avoid meeting her, or forgive her for being jealous of you, or maybe prepare a good comeback next time you meet her.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
Forum Pro
I also feel that way as always try to be the photographer so don't have to be in the picture and even didn't do a senor college photo for the yearbook for that reason...my moto has always been to look look at myself in the mirror in the morning getting ready and never look again as that was the best I am going to be....but seriously we are often our own worst critics and if there is someone in our lives who is hypercritical/nasty it just makes it so much worse...sending all hugs

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$300.00
Goal
$255.00