I believe that suicide may be the answer.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by northface35, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northface35

northface35 Guest

Lately, I have been feeling depressed-more of a philosophical type of depression. I been speculating and contemplating about life and so on. And you know what, everyone in this miserable existence is absolutely cynical and selfish to no standard-for the most part at least. Amazing. Even when I feel a forum like this may facilitate me to feel "better", some being must have to make me feel that much more suicidal. Hah! I was once an adolescent who actually enjoyed life, someone who was social and optimistic until a demon-shaped into one entity by a person and dark angel-tightened my optimism with the eight inch claws it draws from its hands.

-May you find a tiny circle of light that hides upon the black space.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so down northface. Suicide is never the answer. :hug:
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

That sounds like my type of melancholy. I'm sorry your feeling upset, though. What specifically about your philosophic discomfort drives you to suicidal impulses?
  4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

The above question is a good one. It seems like you share a viewpoint known as nihilism, or something similar anyway. Do you feel a sense of meaningless existence in life? I've been there my friend and honestly, however worthless our purpose may be, the fact of the matter is that the act of living for just the sake of it can often be enough, at least in my opinion.

But that all depends...what exactly is your motivation?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.