I bet you would commit suicide too if you were me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ramteflon, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramteflon

ramteflon New Member

1. Was molested by a teacher and relative age around 8-9
    2. Never had a GF.... possibly from being molested
    3. Virgin in my 30s... well other than being molested
    4. Owe $30,000 in debt
    5. Unemployed
    6. Overweight..... run 5 miles a day but weight not coming off!
    7. Ugly..... strangers laugh at me all the time which probably caused me to become a shut-in
    8. Parents barely support me financially even though they dont have much money
    9. Mom very ill and near death.
    10. Pressures from family to go get a job and marry
    11. Addiction to gambling.... blew $10,000 recently which I had won.

So why wouldnt you commit suicide if you were me?

I have decided to finally do it and I actually feel happy for the first time in my life!

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am not you; I don't know how you feel and I won't presume to pretend I do. It sounds like you have had a horrific time and I do not blame you at all for feeling overwhelmed and ready to bail out.
    Is it possible to seek some professional help? Certainly therapy for the abuse and the gambling addiction?
    I don't know how the system works over there (I am in the UK) but here there are people you talk to about debt that you cannot pay - ways to get it reduced or even written off. Try googling free debt advice in your state?
    I am glad that you found this site, and I really hope that you choose not to kill yourself and to stick around here and let us support you. Keep posting. We will help you as much as we are able :hug:

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I have always figured that if there is time to plan for suicide, there could instead be time to plan corrective actions to resolve the issues that are prompting the suicide to begin with. You can't change #1, but you could get involved in support groups to network with and help others who have had similar situations (i.e., make something good out of something bad). #2 and #3 are not generally things one can really plan; it may happen when you least expect. #4 you can seek out financial advice, file bankruptcy, or just ignore creditors and move on. #5 get involved with your local MHMR and NAMI and see if there is any assistance they can provide in job hunting (they may even have openings you could fit). #6 sometimes is genetic but examining your diet and types of exercise (running is more cardio) could be helpful. #7 the only true measure of beauty comes from inside. Focus on being clean and presentable and make your personality shine through. #8 it sounds like your parents care about you - don't break their hearts. #9 focus more time on making her days happy. #10 everyone has family pressures and we learn over time that they just think they're helping. #11 - stop gambling.

No, I would not commit suicide if I were you. Suicide is always the wrong escape. ALWAYS.

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Well I am pretty close to the same level of debt you are. I am working it off slowly... anyway I am going to comment on your fitness.

First off, do you only run? Because if you are only running you are not helping yourself. First off because it is routine. Your body has adapted and made the changes. So you do not gain as much from it. Easy fix, change over to riding a bike or walking up and down stairs. The muscles used will change and you will burn more energy. Second off because you are burning muscle. In the beginning your body burns fat. However, shortly there after you burn muscle because it is easier to burn. How do we avoid this, lift weights. Because lifting weights builds muscle again. Another reason to lift weights, you burn more energy. Remember fat is pretty bengin. Your body will only put enough energy to keep it alive into it. Muscle is active, muscle needs more energy. Have more muscle you burn more energy. Plus it will help withyour running. With more muscle you can put more energy into running. You will run faster, harder, all that stuff.

^_^ I am really into health and fitness. So if you have any questions let me know. I am going to be starting a new diet after I move. I can explain it to you if you would like.

As for the girl thing. Well I have been told you have to get out there and commit to getting better at it. Maybe change your view... you know. Instead of women find you repulsive. You just never found any woman worth taking your pants off for XP. There is nothing wrong with having high standards. Another route to go might be to say you have more important things to do. I also like to flaunt my freedom of not being tied down. For instance, with my former roommate. I woud say Hey want to go do XXX one hour before hand. Of course he would have to consult his girlfriend. Most of the time I know he has plans. Then I snap my fingers and say Oh damn. Or when I was asked for advice on meeting parents. I said You know a loser like me has no idea what to do. So instead of meeting parents I am going to watch anime. Try putting a more positive spin on these facts. I would be willing to point you to some interesting reading about females and the human mating... uhh process.. if you would like. Just send me a PM.

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't think you should kill yourself...sorry you have gone through so much...but you can change the way your life is going. If people make you feel bad about your looks or weight, then screw them! It only matters how you feel about yourself, and you only need people in your life who like you for who you are. Please keep talking and don't do anything to hurt yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.