I came on here because I am full of despair,

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by usedtobesunshine, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I thought people would be kind because they understand. It does not feel that way. One nice person sent a message, but I've been hurt by responses in the chat room. Was I wrong? This is a suicide forum, it states right on the headline "A support forum for people in crisis". Or am I just being unrealistic thinking people who want to die would be able to offer help to anyone else. I suppose that's it, right? After all, look at what I've written, nothing but me, me, me...

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

People here vary as do a group of people everywhere...I just think the lack of compassion, when shown here, is magnified for the reasons you stated...I have seen some of the greatest kindness and some of the most impressive unkindness ...we do our best to set limits, but we cannot catch everything...if anyone in particular has been disrespectful, please leave us a post in Letters to the Management as being disrespectful is a reason for an infraction...sorry you were not embraced during that experience, but please do not judge everyone by that person's short comings...J

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

from what I hear chat has some problems so maybe just post threads here instead...
    there are a lot of caring people here..I'm sorry you found the percentage who aren't..

4. Dear Sadeyes, thank you for your kindness. I loved the quotes that you posted, I will be able to go to sleep feeling less lost than I was. I will do my best to overlook the hurtful comments, and focus on the positive ones. Not the easiest task when one's brain has been programmed to do exactly the opposite for so many years, but worth the effort if I succeed. I wish you a lovely day tomorrow. :)

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

YVW...and I do hope you find your sunshine again...you deserve it...pleasant dreams and please do not occupy your precious gray matter with the foibles of others...we have enough work to resolve our own...big hugs and to a better 2morrow or later depending where you live (time zones are sometimes a pain)...J

6. Another lovely person, and a good suggestion to avoid the chat rooms. I used to go online in an effort to meet someone kind and caring, (Plenty of Fish) and learned very quickly that any chatting or instant messaging was a very bad idea. You made me smile with your words: "fall down seven times, get up eight". Sorry if I didn't quote it exactly right, I'm afraid I'll lose this reply if I re-open your post. Thank you also for your kindness :)

7. jaybirdssis

jaybirdssis Member

Many people do care and post or just read others to find comfort. I guess I didn't see anything mean when I was looking through to know exactly what you meant but I did see a post of yours that made me want to search you out. I hope noone is sending private messages thinking that is fun to mess with people. When my first brother died of suicide I was a teenager and many kids did not know what to say so they said something mean that really hurt. I sent you a private post regarding the suicide death of my second brother and a request to be a friend. It is difficult to read many posts with many people. I would welcome interacting with you through more private posts so I can keep track of who is who. You seem to be about my age and maybe we can help eachother through some rough times.

8. marsb

marsb Member

Please dont be discouraged, I was very fortunate to make it through a suicide. I do mean one out of a thousand will be saved. please remember tomorrow will come with something good it always does. Sometimes the hardest thing we go through makes us a better person after all.

9. Fedupforreal

Fedupforreal Well-Known Member

Gotta watch for that emotional manipulation and blackmail too. I'm seeing just a little bit of that.

10. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

It all depends on who you talk to, on here. There are certainly people who are very amazing and supportive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.