I can barely even breathe anymore

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by searchingforthestars, Jan 26, 2014.

1. I'm so anxious and stressed these days that I feel like I'm drowning. It's starting to take a toll not just mentally, but physically as well. I panic all the time, even over little things... It's getting to be too much for me to stand.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i m sorry you are feeling so stressed these days. Can you call your doctor hun see if he or she can help you start you on meds or if you are on them perhaps change them a bit
    I hope talking here to us helps to decrease the stress some hugs
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Searchingforastar,
    Do not worry now. Like you I get anxious and worry about everything. It's hard but everybody here will you. Just keep posting here as nobody will judge you but give you help. Please take care.
  4. lautanner

lautanner Well-Known Member

If you are talking about real panic attacks.....your primary care physician might be able to help you. There are mild beta blockers that chill you out. I am on Propanolol and I love it. When I know I will be in a stressful situation (like a big meeting at work) I take one about an hour before the event. Also, Xanax is good, it's a little stronger, though, and you can't drive on that. Good luck to you.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi searchingforthestars. Nice username. I do have to say I agree with the folks who suggest some medication to help you. I know many good people who get help from medications. Do you think that is a possibility? I hope so. Sometimes it can make such a huge difference. Wishing you all the very best.
  6. pisces1

pisces1 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. Sometimes laying down and practicing slow deep breathing helps me. Hope things get better for you soon.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Find a paper bag and breathe into it very slowly..I'm no medical professional but what you have sounds like panic attacks. Or as suggested above lay down and practice slow breathing.
  8. Thanks for all of your guys' advice. At this point in time, it's just not really feasible for me to seek professional help or get medication, but I will keep it in mind for the future. In the meantime, I'll be working on using the tips I've beeb given! Sorry it took a while to respond, it's been very hectic... But again, I wanted to sincerely thank you all for your advice. I'm very grateful.