I can do this.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Lux, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

"I have an eating disorder and I am unwell".

This has taken me about 7 years to acknowledge. Late last night, I sat in front of a friend and said this, and she was so supportive.

It does get better. It will get better. I can do this.
    7 people like this.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

@Lux you are a strong smart brave WONDERFUL person. You absolutely can do this. Well done for being so brave and taking good steps to make yourself better.
  3. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

Thank you @Freya! Exactly what I need to hear this afternoon, and you are just as wonderful! I hope you're well! <3
  4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I know how difficult it is for you, having been in the exact position before, many years ago, and I think it is strong of you that you were finally able to come out and admit it to your friend and be supported for it. As long as you keep believing that you can get through it and never feel ashamed at all for having an eating disorder, you will always come out on top and beat it down to enjoy an enjoyable and well-lived life down the line. :)
  5. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Yes you can! Well done for doing this and I am glad your friend was supportive. Have missed you, hope you are okay and are around more.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done! I am so glad your friend was as supportive as she was, you can do this!! See, people DO understand and care! You're a lovely person, am glad you have acknowledged this after a long 7 years. Best of luck to you and I'm always around if you need a chat.
  7. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

That's incredible Lux. I wish I had the bravery you have. You are an amazing inspiration to me.
  8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Very happy for you Lux, I really hope you get the help and support you deserve so much so you can start to feel better about yourself, the world , and life . You certainly deserve good things and I hope they happen for you and you are doing your part to get there ((hug))