I can feel the pain in this forum.. question

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by 5150incalif, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5150incalif

5150incalif Member

As I read your comments, I can feel the pain through the words. I too have extreme compulsion to kill myself. I just want to stop the pain.

My question:

How any people are in therapy? I just want to know. I have been in therapy for many years, but I haven't talked in detail about my suicidal behavior. I was too scared of being put into the hospital. I made a mistake and I just made things worst. I know that the hurt can override the mind. Suicidal thoughts don't go away.
  2. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

There are a few camps of your last question.
    a. the suicidal thoughts can be controlled.
    b. the thoughts can be altered and changed.
    c. the thoughts are situational or envirnomental.
    d. suicidal thoughts are always with you and you are doomed!!

I don't like the d. option, but it seems a popular thought. Change is hard.
    Depends on your therapist approach on how you are conquering things. Depends on how much effort you put into the theraphy.
    Depends on the reason you go and who pays--if you pay you will want to see a result. If someone else pays you go to please.
    Depends on how introspective you are.
    Do you keep a journal? Do you notice why you do what you do?

Also, hospitalization is not always bad or negative. some can be helpful.
  3. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

5150, i am going to start therapy soon. i've been in and out since i was little. i am also going to try alt. treatments. ECTfor one.
    you know how to find me if needed. hang in there. i'm trying
    hospitalization is not always a bad thing
    i'm considering it seriously. i think for me it is a necessity
  4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Ive been in therapy for a couple of years but like you did not share my suicidal thoughts although failed attempts made it obvious, however i have recently started to confide in my councellor about these thoughts becouse they are stronger than i am at times, i think it depends on the relationship you have with your therapist. Hang on in there though we all feel the same at times and SF will support you pm anytime:hug:
  5. Persephone

Persephone Active Member

It is not a good idea to withold suicidal thoughts from your therapist. S/He needs to know the depth of your despair to help you. Hospitalization can be a good thing - I've been there so I know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.