I can GUARANTEE to 70% of you, Your life is better than mine. Chin up.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Will Vokins, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Vokins

Will Vokins Member

I can guarantee my life is worse than 70% of yours.

- You lot are on about failures.
    + I'm a failure and I was a disgrace to my family before they died. The last thing they thought about me is probably "What a fucking mess we made." and I'm only 15 years old.

- You're all talking about Pain.
    + I have Sciatica which means I'm in constant pain, and I'm always wearing a heat pad on my back. It deprives me of sleep which has developed into a serious case of Insomnia.

- I've seen some threads showing "I only like sleep".
    + Try saying that when you have Insomnia. There are a few people on SF With Insomnia, ask any of them If they look forward to sleeping, at all. You'll get a big fat No.

I'm just trying to prove to you guys (only some of you) that your life is not actually that bad.

By telling yourself that you're depressed, It only pushes your head deeper into your hands. Just smile. Concentrate on other things.

2. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Aweee! I'm sorry to hear,love. ♥
    I hear you! I'm an age older than you,and I have a life-threatening anemia.I'm not In constant pain,I'm just weak but often, I experience episodes of pain that make me curl up in bed and cry. I take several pills & I have frequent dr checkups.Not to mention I get seizures and I'm insomniac.But I won't let my condition beat me! I defy It by doing as much as I can. :D Even though I was ordered not to... I'd love to trade lives with anyone on here who's ''just depressed.'' They have so much to live for, literally.

3. jimmy88

jimmy88 Well-Known Member

I broke my lower back a few months ago... I can't get a boner to save my life, can't urinate without a catheter, and can't shit without taking 5 types of laxitives.. I also get pain but its mostly discomfort and constant depression/anxiety...

I will end up killing myself over this. I'm too young to live with this pain for the duration of my life. It feels so good to know I can start over, all it starts with is a plan.

4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you have a bad back and can't sleep, however by making the sweeping statement " I can GUARANTEE to 70% of you, Your life is better than mine. Chin up" is hugely presumptuous and dumbs down people's own opinion of their conditions. You can't compare physical pain with mental pain as they are not relative. Some members of SF are very forthcoming about the issues they face, however I am quite sure they don't bear their soul's 100% so you cannot actually appreciate the pain they are in. I am quite sure you haven't meant to slight the integrity of others, but you should think before you post.

5. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Agreed. Whilst there is nothing wrong with posting about your conditions, Physical and Mental illness will never and can never be compared. Posts like this, while they might have the intention of being helpful, will only make people dislike you and think you have no understanding of the pain they're in mentally, which to be honest, sounds like would be right of them.

Until you have experienced both, you cannot pass judgement, and even then, different people handle different pain in different ways.

All of this said, I'm very sorry about the condition you're in. My PM box is always open if you need somebody to talk to.

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Agreed. I'm sorry for whatever you're going through, but please don't assume your life is worse than someone else's just because your situations are different. Making an assumption that 70% of the people here have better lives than you is only going to cause people to feel judged and insulted.

7. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

Have my life if you want it, I don't need it anyway, i obviously don't appreciate it enough :dry:

8. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

Moron.

9. fisch

fisch Well-Known Member

Not cool, dude. In a way he is trying to lift up the spirits of those who are actually better off than him. Though the age means he does have his whole life ahead of him, and we've all lacked perspective at that age. And of course there are lots of worse people on here, 70% is just a ballpark estimate. :D

10. Confusticated

I stand by what I said before. You can't put emotional/mental and physical under the same category. However, please don't start calling people names, it's against rules and it's only going to cause conflict. Hence it's against the rules.

11. Confusticated

No, we're trying to explain that whilst what the OP says is a horrible thing to go through, you cannot say physical pain is worse then mental pain, or the other way around. The two cannot be compared, this is all.

12. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Pain sucks, I know a little bit about it, my compound femur fracture wasnt fun.
    Physical pain can become emotional pain, so much of the time I want to go crawl under a rock and die.
    But developing pain tolerance can make you a powerful person as well.

13. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Personally, I've always liked the saying
    "a good run is better than a bad stand"

14. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Well that's great that we have your seal of approval :rolleyes:
    Depression can be debilatating, paralysing.

It's not that people whine and do nothing about it. You lose your will to live and you don't want to do anything about it. You can't see that you could ever get out of hell. Not alive.

15. Confusticated

Maybe you've never been as far into depression as other people, so can't understand? I don't know what it is. But there's no way the two can be compared at all, they're way too different! And mental illness can also lead to physical pain. Even though it's technically in your head, it still fecking hurts.

16. Golden

Golden Member

Yes, you have had a harder life than I ever had, that's for sure. But that doesn't mean I should be satisfied with my current situation.

17. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

A truly stunning level of ignorance and crassness displayed. Depression is truly debilatating and painful - to compare it to physical pain is stupid. Not because physical pain isn't dire, but the two are completely different entities.

18. Confusticated

So because you're abused, it means your problem is also worse than everyone elses? Some of us have seen suicide on other people, some of us have lost those closest to us. Some of us have mental problems to the point we don't even know who we are. But hey, as long as we have our feet, we're fine..?

Do you honestly know what you're saying..?

I'm not sure if you're retaliating badly because of what we discussed earlier, but you really need to stop.. Someone is going to end up getting hurt by all of this and it's not fair on anyone.

19. Confusticated

Agreed. I've said this about 3 times, at least someone's paying attention :laugh:

EDIT: To clear that up, I wasn't digging at you or anything there, literally just agreeing and stating that it's been said so much yet it's still not being taken into acknowledgment in all of this because we have legs..

20. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

You ignorant, insensitive brat.

Depression can be treated. Easily? You have no fucking idea.

How dare you try and dismiss mental disorders over physical. I do deal with chronic pain. And guess what, i'd take that over the mental suffering any day.

You have a lot to learn little girl and i am afraid your are bound to learn the hard way if you continue with this attitude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.