i can help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sarah88, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah88

sarah88 New Member

Hi everyone, fist of all i will introduce myself, my name is Sarah and i am 22 years old. My life was perfect and then suddenly it wasn't, i have battled with depression for a very long time and have also suffered with lots of other stuff. Im not a big fan on psychologists, mainly because ive been to a few myself in the past and my opinion is that apart from the fact that they have studied in university they have no experience on depression, eating disorders, self harm, e.t.c and can be quite patronizing, not a bit understanding and look straight through you and you leave feeling worse then when you went in. So true! i may not be a psychologist however i have experience of depression, e.t.c. If anyone would like to talk, i can help! You might be sat there thinking 'As if she can help' i thought the same, but i can Hope this helps people out there

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome to SF. I'm glad you want to help.

I do need to say though, that just because you weren't helped by the psychiatrists you saw, doesn't mean the same is true for everyone else. Those are your individual experiences, but for others, counseling or therapy can make a difference.

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome, Sarah. So nice of you to join SF. Hope you are doing well.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Sarah..I've never been to a psycologist.. Only my Pdoc and therapist.. I have to say therapy helped me quite a bit..

5. NiceGuYKC

NiceGuYKC Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah88, looks like we meet again. Welcome!.:hug:

6. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Hi Sarah,

Welcome at SF and thanks for the offer to help. I've found that like in most professions, there are very good therapists and some not so good. Also, as individual, we connect more with some people than others, and that holds true for our psychologist as well. I had some very good ones who made lots of difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.