I can not beleive they stopped me!

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by wildflower, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildflower

wildflower Member

My family decided to take me on a holiday to help me to over come my saddness, as they describe it. Of all places the beach. Most people know that the water drawes troubled souls. Not this crew. They were clueless to what was over powering my mind. It came out of no where, just like the wave of the ocean. Splashing and pounding upon the sea shore. I was standing out on the deck of the twenth floor when I snapped. The sun shine was warm upon my skin, my nose filled with the smell of the fresh salt water my ears was filled with the music of the singing of the sea gulls as they floated in the air passing me by. The wind seemed to be calling me by my name as it brushed aginst my ears. It was a song of death that it was singing. Will you come to us and find your rest, the course begin to cry out.
    With in seconds, all I could remember that someone was holding on to my leg and would not let go. I tried harder to reach out to the voice that was calling me. The harder I tried, the more someone was yelling and screaming
    out my name. Within minutes, I had somehow climbed over the wall of the deck to find death. A strange thought entered my mind before jumping, when I hit the ground would someone be so disrespectful and step on my splatted flesh on the concret below. The glass doors were closed to the condo, but somehow someone saw me and dashed out and grabed my leg as I jumped. I am alive today with a nasty knot on the back on my head from being pulled back and hitting the concrete floor, also with a sore leg. No one was looking, but someone was.I can not beleive they stopped me!
    Wildflower

2. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

I'm glad they stopped you, you want to know why? Because it was not your time to go. Maybe it was not the right place to take you, but you sound as if you have a very concerned family. Why don't you try just sitting down with them, or one of them you find it easy to talk to, and give them some answers as to why the person they love and care about feels this way.

Your post bought a tear to my eye for all the times I've felt just like that. I've walked down streets and each lorry and bus has been calling me to my "peace". It's a really sad place to be, but it is by no means "Wrong" to feel this way. Whatever causes you to feel like this needs addressing, you might not even know why, I still don't, but that in it's self is a reason. Sometimes not knowing why we feel a certain way is incredably scary, more so than having set reasons.

We can support you to make the right choices and help you out of you ever feel like that again. Well done for feeling able to post this.

My PM box is always open, along with any of the staff here and we really will do our best for people like you.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Wildflower. Thank God that someone pulled you back from the edge before you could jump off. I've watched a couple suicide jump videos before and it's so awful seeing someone hit the ground. I would never want for anyone to experience that. Your guardian angel was definitely looking out for you on that day. It wasn't your time to go, and now you can focus on getting help and recovering. We're here to help. :hug:

4. Valteron

Valteron Well-Known Member

Re: I can not beleive they stopped me! Some answer, Dave.

Dave, I would be interested in seeing one of those videos. Can you tell me where they are?

Wildflower, I was just wondering (1) what floor was the condo on and (2) why did you not check to make sure there was was nobody in the condo to pull you back before jumping?

Finally, Dave, I fail to see how you think it was a "guardian angel" an improbable being whose existence is purely speculative, who pulled wildflower back when it was clearly a flesh-and-blood person.

How helpful can it be to persons with suicidal feelings to feed them doses of mythology?

5. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

What is your interest into seeing people hit the ground valteron? macabre way to spend time. If it is to see how people who love you will see what you look like before hurting them even worse; you lack sensitivity to the extreme.

That someone puller her back in the right moment is a way of saying that 'her guardian angel' was looking out for her.

You tend to negatively change all that is said to your own way of thinking and put down other's beliefs and facts. I suggest you stop surfing and reading and start having a good dialogue with a therapist.

granny (and dont tell me i am too young to understand i am 67 y. old) and i do disagree with 80% of what you've said so far.

granny

6. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Please don't hurt your loved ones. Stay here with us. you can share your feelings in this community.

7. Valteron

My interest is that I have not entirely ruled out jumping when I work up my courage to do it, and seeing these videos would help me decide if this is an option worth looking into.

BTW, you will notice that wildflower has not told me why she (or he?) did not check that there was nobody in the condo before attempting the jump. Otherwise, I would suspect he/she knew there was someone in the condo to pull him/her back, which suggests we are not dealing with a genuine suicide attempt here. Checking to see that nobody is there sounds pretty basic.

Also, note that wildflower says he/she was on the "twenth" floor. That suggests an attempt to write "twentieth" that was later changed to "tenth". Stories that change their basic facts that easily have a credibility gap.

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Valteron. If you want to watch online suicide videos then search for them and find them yourself. I have no intentions of being banned by posting links of suicide videos on SF. Also, I said that maybe it was her guardian angel that saved her that day. I didn't mean that some spirit saved her. I meant that God was acting through someone that day when that person saved her. I'm well aware that it was a 'flesh and blood person' that saved her.

9. Valteron

That still does not explain why Wildflower did not check if there was anyone in the condo. Seems to me if I was going to do it and was serious about going through with it, I would make damned sure nobody was going to "save" me. All I am saying is that it makes me wonder.

Kind of like the people who OD half an hour before a member of their family usually gets home, and leave their bedroom door open and the empty pill bottle next to the bed. Yeah, right.

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Dude, someone can be suicidal and still not follow through completely with their suicidal plans. A part of them usually wants to survive and help with their problem. It doesn't mean that they are just playing.

11. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

He was just trying to help, some people do believe in guardian angels

12. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

Wildflower, I hope you are ok, feel free to pm me if u need to talk
    **HUGS**

13. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Thanks Kristy. I was just trying to help.

14. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

please, u wont help flower by 'debunking' the attempt. its the internets ppl can make up watever story they want so debunking is pointless anyways, but i think it is better to take ppl at their word here cause they probly found this sitte in pure despair like i did. i believe you flower and i hopes u can get better.

15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think you need to drop the hostilities, You both seem to forget that wildflower is in need of help and she is reading all this stuff coming from both sides. Wildflower I hope you are o.k.? There are alot of ppl here on the forum to whom you can PM and have a private conversation!! Take Care!~Joseph~

16. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I agree Joseph. I wonder if anyone noticed that wildflower hasn't posted in this thread since writing the opening post. I hope she's ok. :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.