I can not stop cutting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by depressedGirl, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

Hi there. I have been cutting for ages and I hate doing it. I feel so unfeeling when I do it that I no longer feel pain anymore. Then after I have done it I feel so much regret and guilt that I am worrying people that I keep doing it but I cannot stop anymore.
    I know I am selfish for doing this and that I should stop but I only wish I could. I am in so much pain. My friends are falling out and I suffer with epilespy. I have been taken of the antidepressants and it seems that cutting is the only thing that keeps me going. I feel I will fall apart without cutting. This is not really a question. I suppose it is just a thread to get it out in the open. Please can you give me some advice. Thanks.
  2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

This sounds like an addiction. Don't worry, nothing is impossible. Addictions can be broken as i broke mine. It sounds like you are doing it to cope with the fact that your friends are falling out.
  3. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah but I have been doing this for ages and I can't stop doing it because I am stupid.
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Your not selfish for cutting. When you were on the anti-depressants, did you cut alot, did it reduce your cutting?

You probably have tried but i'll ask anyways, have you tried to keep your mind occupied with doing other things. Go out and visit some friends, watch a few movies, read a book, things like that can help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.