I can not take it anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sui caedere, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sui caedere

sui caedere Well-Known Member

Today i was told that my wife has got engaged to her girlfriend.

I have so many problems i am trying to sort out and this one has just sent me over the edge.

i have nothing left in truth right now i dont care anymore about anything

My life has not got any better since oct last year so please dont tell me it will
    so i have decided to quit just give up.

2. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

What a punch in the gut! Sorry you're having to deal with this trauma. I had a good friend/mentor/2nd father who went through the same experience as a young man and lived with it and the accompanying pain until he died at around 80. I'm not suggesting you should cowboy up and keep going until you're at least 80. I'm just saying I grieve with you.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I won't tell you that things will get better because I don't know if they will or not. I know how it feels when your spouse takes up with someone else. Mine married the day after our divorce was final. It didn't seem fair that he was moving on in his life and I was left to deal with everything alone. I still had the kids to raise, his bills to pay off which were substantial, not to mention the hell he left me to deal with in the aftermath. I know all this has no bearing on your life, but I wanted you to know i do understand. If you look at all your problems together, they seem insurmountable. Take them one at a time and concentrate on solving that one. Then move on to the next. Individually they are not so overwhelming. It does take time. Healing doesn't happen overnight. Just don't give up. There is no way to know what the future holds.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I feel for you. My ex had the gull to bring one of her new boyfriends home one evening while I was sleeping in the next room.Once I sat back and looked at things I decided I was better off. My therapist tells me I grew up and she didn't. I don't know if this helps you. Once I get to know you a little better then maybe I can support you better...Stay Safe...:chopper:

5. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Sometimes we need to step back and look at our problems for a while, letting them sort themselves out.

Life is intensely hard for a lot of us here. One thing that keeps us alive is the encouragement we receive here at SF. Let the encouragement do its work in your heart and become aware that others care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.