I can see my ribs again...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Passion, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

I havent posted on the ED forum for awhile now...
    I haven't weighed myself for about a month or two...
    very good.
    but then I realized tonight, I havent been eating very much.
    ive also noticed my legs getting a lot thinner and my ribs showing (again.)
    i'm wondering if I should weigh myself to make sure im not underweight?
    but another part of me knows no matter the number, im gonna want less. so going on the scale is a bad idea.
    but my family is trying to get me to eat more.
    and its not that im doing this to lose weight, ive just had a hard time recently and when i get depressed i cant eat. it makes me sick.
    which then leads to when i am not depressed, my stomach has shrunk so much that the tiniest bit of food fills me up.
    so um.....what do I do?
    should I try to gain a little more so my ribs dont show?
    or not do anything and hopefully my eating will just start to get better...eventually...I know its not gonna get any worse...

but what i ate yesterday:
    left over pasta that i never ate from a resturant the night before, i had maybe, 3-5 bites and then i threw it away.
    and then for dinner i had tortilla chips with some cheese on it...

to me, that sounded like a decent eating day...but then i realized...thats pretty bad...
    ive probably only had like...600 calories at most today.
    and most the other days i have been eating a lot less...
    and im hypoglycemic so not eating can be very bad for me, so i have been eating the little 100 calorie snacks that my family buys.
    but, that seems to be all im eating...and i have maybe...2 a day?
    so...200 calories a day?

...i'm gonna die, arent i?
  2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would make myself a very large protein shake every day with ice cream and real fruit and juices (they are really delicious!). Then I would just sip on it all day until it was gone. That way, no matter what else you eat that day (or don't eat) you are getting lots of protein and vitamins from the fruit and milk as well as a fair amount of calories (not many calories, but still). Then I would try to eat other things throughout the day as well.
  3. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

I agree with Anastasia... you need to get protein somehow, and from the sound of it, you have not been. You should prolly eat more, however I know how tough that can be, especially when you are not hungry. Try bringing crackers and cheese or other easy (healthy) snack foods with you to work (or school) that you can easily eat during the day when you start to feel hungry again. Try putting on a little weight.... *huggles* take care,

4. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I'm hypoglycemic too. I pass out a lot. It's a problem.
    So yeah, definitely eat, because passing out kind of sucks.
    I mean obviously I'd say gain weight, which probably doesn't help all that much. You definitely need more than 200calories though...
    if you've been good about not weighing yourself, I'd say starting again is probably an awful idea.

Good luck, and definitely eat proteins like they've said.
  5. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

i ate a protein shake yesterday as well as a 100 calorie pack... I put peanut butter and honey in the protein shake with milk and such. im not sure how many calories that was. this whole not eating very much thing is starting to make me feel really dizzy by the end of the day but my stomach hurts so much I cant eat.
    its like...I dont know if anyone understands this..but when your hunger gets to such a point that it feels like you cant eat because your stomach hurts too bad?
  6. starchild

starchild Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. The longer I don't eat the harder it becomes to eat because of the stomach pains. I do think that the protein shakes are a good place to start, at least for a while until the pain gradual subsides. I guess it's one of those things where you kind of have to force it down initially, but I promise it gets easier.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.