I cannot stay content for long

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Forgotten_Man, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

You know I have recently noticed in life. That I get content... hell maybe even a little happy. Then life does something, I get dumped or everything goes wrong at work and I crash back down into a depression. Today, work went completely wrong. I missed a few things, there are bugs that are fucking with me and making fixing stuff hard. I look like an idiot because I forgot to take care of some stuff. Stuff is not working... I have 1000 things due and there is nothing I can do about it... right now I just want to kill myself... I won't... but I want too.

Life is becoming less and less worth it. The periods in my life which I am happy or content are so very brief. Yet my depession lasts for hours, days, weeks, even months. Then I get a few hours of happiness or at least not feeling depressed and I am back on the bottom rung. I just cannot see the point in living a life like this for much longer.

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Life is full of ups and downs. All we can do is try and ride out the waves. Don't give up though because things can improve. I know that sounds trite but it's true. I've spent six years fighting the urge to just end it all. Now things are good and I'm so pleased I kept going. Wouldn't have made it without SF. Here if you need to chat anytime. Best wishes.S.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Yes, I just wish that the ups did turn to downs as soon as I hit them. I am not feeling all that patient either. I doubt I will make it another 3 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.