I can't be bothered anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Waste_of_space, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waste_of_space

Waste_of_space New Member

I really can't be bothered with life anymore. I can't be bothered with anything, I hate working (and studying). Yet I have to slave my life away for next 40/50 years to get anywhere .. what's the point in that? If I can't do what I want with my life then I'd rather be dead, at least I wouldn't have to worry about all this shit anymore.

I think about suicide every day and the only thing that's stopping me from doing it is not knowing a decent method to get it over and done with. If I had a gun I would have shot myself a long time ago.

I just don't know what do anymore :sad:
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What is it that you want to do with your life? If you could do anything, what would it be?

And I don't mean kill yourself, that's not doing anything with life, other than ending it.

Imagine that your life goes on for many decades, what would YOU choose to do with it?
  3. Waste_of_space

If I could do anything I'd not work and spend all day every day doing things I enjoy, sports etc. But that's just not possible and I know it's not, but if I can't do that then I'd rather just die.
  4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Why is it not possible?

Why can't you get a job that relates to something you enjoy? Or work evenings and weekends, or some other part time arrangement, so that you do what you want during the day?

If you work during the day (preferably doing something you enjoy), why can't you do other things you enjoy in your free time?
  5. Waste_of_space

I can't think of any jobs I'd enjoy. At the moment I'm stuck in an office 9-5 every day and it does my head in! I hate the job, I hate the work, the people I work with, the hours, everything!

I'd work in the evening part-time but my parents wouldn't allow it ... they want me to have some high flying career but I don't, I just want an easy, stress free job with as little hours as possible. And if I did do that then I'd never earn enough money to get by.

There's not enough free time to do things I like at the moment. I get home in the evenings and by the time I've had my dinner etc there's hardly any hours left before I gotta go sleep again and wake up to do the whole boring routine all over again - just drives me mad.
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Ok, it sounds like you need to get a job that you do enjoy.

Have you ever considered going to see someone who can help you finding a job that you would enjoy?

Maybe you could list the thing here that you enjoy, and we might be able to come up with something.

Ultimately you need to do what YOU want to do in life. It's all well and good your parents having aspirations for you, but it's your life and you have to live it, not them. Which is why the decision about what you do needs to come from you.

You sound totally drained and bored of your job, and also stuck in a rut. You need to try and do something to change your circumstances. It may mean studying again, for example, if you love doing sports, you could consider teaching PE to secondary school children, which would involve sport all day, something like that.

It is totally possible to find a job you enjoy, but clearly you are not in it at the moment., Doesn't mean that you will forever stay away from it though.

Maybe start researching. I'm not sure if careers counsellors exist, or whoever, but there will be people out there that you can go to that could hlep you find a job perfect for you.
  7. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

how old are you? i am 37 and my parents are still tellin me what to do. it sucks. are your parents controlling too?
  8. jupiter202

jupiter202 Well-Known Member

I definitely think staying in a job you hate is not going to help you at all. Why not research jobs related to the things you enjoy? If we gotta slave away and make money, why not enjoy it, ya know?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.