I can't call a hotline..

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Growing Pains, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

because I don't have a phone. Samaritans doesn't help. Every time I tried, it was just... maybe it was just the responders I got. I don't know. But it was no help. I tried one of the online chats before, but every time I use it, it's offline.

All I want is someone to talk to. That's what I need, I think. I'm not sure anymore. I'm not even sure if I'm in a crisis or not. How can you tell? How do you know? I'd call the crisis number I was given. If I had a phone. But I don't. And it's 3:30 AM. So, right now, I'm just here... hoping someone is on. If not, I'll probably try to sleep within the hour.

I need to get it out. But I don't know where to begin yet.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi my friend. Please PM and let me try to help you. I'm here to listen.and see you through tough times. With all the hassle and tough times you gone through I consider you to be an inspiration to me. Stay strong as to be honest you keep me going. What you write is absolute brilliant and very inspiring to me personally.

Be strong and safe. Keep posting your amazing posts.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you were able to get some sleep to escape from some of the pain you are feeling come back and chat here ok
    you will be heard here

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Just curious how you don't have a phone?

What about cup of tea site? I forgot the exact website address

There's buddy chat sub thread to get someone to talk with. There's a lot of members here that will talk to you as well. Chat room is always open

5. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

You can use gmail to make phone calls from a computer: http://www.google.com/intl/en_US/chat/voice/ My daughter frequently used to call me this way and I sometimes use it to call my cell phone when it's lost somewhere in my apartment.

6. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for that. I really had no idea that was even a thing, and it will definitely come in handy. I know my sister has something similar on her tablet, but I have not been able to figure out how to use it on mine. So, I scrapped that idea long ago.

Financial issues are why I don't have a phone. I can't afford upkeep. I know there's the government one, but my mom has that, and only one per address. When she's sleeping, I don't have access to her phone (plus I wouldn't feel comfortable calling a hotline on someone else's, anyway). Cup of tea is the one I use sometimes that is usually down when I'm awake. It was helpful the one time I was able to get through, though. I had forgotten about the buddy forum in my haze last night. I get a weird kind of haze in those states, that is hard to explain, and crisis just seemed more accurate. As I was hoping for instant (though I knew it might not be the case, and understood that <3 ).

In any case, I did finally get some sleep. A little. I'm still in a bad state, but much better than last night.

ETA: I actually might be confusing 7 cups of tea for another one. I'm not sure? Either way, I'm fairly certain I've tried it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Don't have much to contribute but wanted to mention that you can e-mail the samaritans too samaritans.org is the website. I wish you all the best.

8. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Some Nights, You might not have known about being able to talk on the phone via gmail, but I didn't know about 7 Cups of Tea. Thanks for letting me know about it - it looks like a great resource. There are times when i would much rather chat than talk on the phone so I'm going to definitely make use of this when things are bad.

I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better today. Is there anything going on in particular right now it might help you to talk about?

9. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

You may want to look into some disability services. You're eligible for the free phone, 1 per household, based on income, but since you also have a disability, you may be able to get some assistance with a phone too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.