I can't carry on with my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollo

Today I feel horrible, I tried some of my clothes and I can't fit on them, I am so fat.
I saw pics on facebook from my friends, all happy, with boy or girlfriends or married and here I am, all alone, I have not had a serious relationship since 2005.
My life sucks. I lost both my parents and I have been depressed for more than a year. I have attempted suicide 3 times, the last one I was on coma for 24 hours.
Today I have been having vivid desires of killing myself. I feel like I can't fight anymore.
I am afraid of myself.
I am sad
I am lost

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi Pollo i know that feeling of being lost it is so scary and painful. I just want you to know we care okay I care and you can pm me anytime just to talk vent. If you are going to harm yourself please go to emergency get impatient care okay there you will feel safe and not so lost. Hug to you

LoveBeing

Hi Pollo,

Here is a video clip you may relate to. It’s about questioning the thought “I’m too fat” by two live people. You may be surprised what the woman discovered is the cause of her suffering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oxaZlzjzI

Also, I invite you to have a look at the video clip in my signature area. You will see that true happiness is not dependent on the appearance of things...

Hang in there!

Constantinos

Today I feel horrible, I tried some of my clothes and I can't fit on them, I am so fat.
I saw pics on facebook from my friends, all happy, with boy or girlfriends or married and here I am, all alone, I have not had a serious relationship since 2005.
My life sucks. I lost both my parents and I have been depressed for more than a year. I have attempted suicide 3 times, the last one I was on coma for 24 hours.
Today I have been having vivid desires of killing myself. I feel like I can't fight anymore.
I am afraid of myself.
I am sad
I am lost
Hello Pollo,

First i want you to take 2 deep breaths, breath in from nose, count to 10 and then breath out.

I understand all of your feelings, first i want you to accept what you feel about your parents - what you have gone through all humans go through at some stage, i want you to be sad, i want you to express your feelings to yourself - try to cry, it will help you feel better.

Being fat doesn't say anything about your character, i am sure you have a fantastic character and that is what your future partner will see - your future partner will not see if you are fat. You are just a normal person like i am and like everyone else in these forums is.

I believe in you, i think you have the will to fight, you've survived from 3 suicide attempts - this tells me a lot about you - deep inside you you want to be alive - i want you to hold onto this.

Are you visiting a psychologist / psychiatrist at all? I would fully recommend visiting one if possible.

Pollo

Thanks everyone for your words. I just feel I can't carry on anymore. I am on meds and going to therapy 2 times a week. Nothing seems to work.
I feel like swallowing a bunch of meds and die

peacelovingguy

Hey Pollo - soory to see you feeling this way.

Sorry to see anyone feel this way - but it happens and I'm not going to act as if its not happened - or say stupid things such as 'pull yourself together' and so on.

You have not had a serious relationship since 2005? At least you've had a serious relationship. With me, two nights would be 'going strong' - or going wrong more like it - as I tend to end up with less than serious relationships.

But - to be honest, I'd not ready to settle down, for longer than a night! Not that I'm complaining! Sometimes it just seems meaningless - like that Alex Harvey song 'Next' in which soldiers line up for the mobile brothel and the cry 'Next!' rings out - making the soldier in the song contemplate his position in the scheme of things - he always knows there will be a next - either way.

I'm rambling now.

As for looking at Facebook, people stage photos for it - many of those happy shiny people are staging it - faking it - and we all fake it to some extent. I mean to say we fake the 'basics' of happiness - we inform people we are "all right" or "OK" when we are far from all-right or ok. However most people do not bother faking it on a big scale - we more fake it so as to not make others feel that bad. I say 'I'm not too bad' because I know lots of peopel are going through real bad times and also putting on a 'brave face'.

Faking it as some kind of social oneupmanship - is wrong. It is also fairly 'see through' as the happy shiny people on Facebook all have perfect lives - perfect relationships - perfect jobs and perfect this and that. I mean IF life was so perfect - would you not just dump Facebook and enjoy that perfect life? lol

In England politeness is embedded into some - a person could be on top of a cliff with a view to jumping - but if a passer-by inquired as to how the person was - he or she would say "I'm doing fine, how is yourself?"

You can go too far!!

Anyhow, plenty of people use Facebook as bragging rights - I've never used it myself - never signed up and do not intend to sign up. I'll meet people as and when I meet them - not have all my past turn up at once which would take up too much time with the obligatory visits, invites and so on.

You say your body image is getting you down - ergo the clothes not fitting. If you think dieting would be good - that is easy to sort out on paper at least. The difficult bit is the motivation to do this because depression often leads us to be less concerned about appearance. I think this hits women more than men as women are more concious about appearance and body image.

But its up to you!

I mean to say, if you think losing a few pounds and maybe dropping two dress sizes to get back into your 'best' figure - go for it! There are tons of diets out there - plus lots of dieting clubs such as Slimming World.

But before you do all that - the main battle is in your own mind - overcoming the negative 'inner voices' and being able to set into motion the positives.

As for your bereavement- my heartfelt sympathy there. I still have my parents but it will not last forever. I just hope yours loved you - and left you with that gift of having been loved. My belated condolences - my prayers also.

I'm sure your parents would have wanted you to carry on with life. In my faith I believe we will be reunited one day but suicide would not hasten the process any quickly than it might if you just lived and died of natural causes or maybe a meteorite dropping on your head making you famous in the internet list of top ten unusual deaths!

I hope you have a sense of humour still there. Sometimes we lose it for a while, especially with bereavement but it will come back - and it would not be in any way wrong.

I just hope and pray you get some help also - I know this is ongoing but know that what you are doing is a positive thing in that you want help.

Regards, God Bless and/or Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00