I can't carry on..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by sophiethecat2003, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi newbie here...

I have Body Dismorphia related to eye bags, I have had the issue since 18, I am now 63.

I have no money worries and a loving partner, but I can't get past my problem.

I have tried all avenues of distraction, but nothing seems to work. I have been okay for a year without meds, but now I am back on Citalopram. I am not sleeping anyway, and that will now be even worse.

I really don't think I can carry on..

Any advice or help would be welcome
    Sophie :)
  2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Welcome to SF. Body Dismorphia can be very painful and disabling and I'm sorry you've struggled with it for so long, and continue to struggle with it. Do the meds help at all?

I hope you will find SF a good resource and comfort to you. It also strikes me that with your many years of experience dealing with this illness, that you have a lot to offer others who struggle with the same issues, so I hope you will post here often.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Sophie and welcome to the forum.

My advice to you would be to open up to the doctor on how bad this is affecting you. You've been fighting BDD for a long time now, so keep fighting and maybe start therapy. Try to keep up with social activities even if you don't feel up to it. I hope everything works out for you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.